• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 Tokai Love Rock LS80 with Original Reborn Case

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatherjones

Reaction score
I would love to sell this to the right collector, but am not sure if there are any in the United States. Am happy to sell to Europe, except I think shipping is just too absurdly difficult from here. Apparently it is easier to ship a guitar from Japan then the U.S.?

Anyhow.

Here it is.

Offers in the area of $1,600 invited.

20140424_085859.jpg

I think shipping is just as easy from the U.S as anywhere.

You guys just aren't used to dealin with the friggin foreigners, lol.

USPS will ship this in the box you got from Japan to anywhere.
Other shippers & couriers like UPS, FedEX will charge ridicilous handling fees on top of customs, so that is not very attractive for the buyer.

If only I woulda have some cash on my hands I would pull the trigger.

Good luck with this baby.

Duties and taxes charged by many countries make the cost often prohibitive when purchasing from the US. It's not a problem shipping.

There's a ton more picks on the Vintage forum.

It weighs what a solid Les Paul should weigh -- not to be glib. I don't have a scale. But it weighs more than the new chambered Standard and less than the heavy 1970s Norlin era Gibson monsters.

Neck is between 60s and 50s. I'd call it full but not huge. U shaped I guess.

All original pieces -- the Antiquities are in it with original wiring/circuit board. The original Goto PAFs with rare nickel covers ship in case.

Oh, I don't get this one from Japan. I got it from outside Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Somebody got it from Japan, clearly. But I don't know who or when.

Can you at least provide a link to the photos or the forum you're talking about. Which vintage forum? :roll:

It looks like you have a nice guitar but $1600 is a lot of cash and for anyone thinking about pulling the trigger, it's not going to happen with one photo that doesn't even show the headstock.

Not trying to be a dick - trying to help you sell the thing. :wink:

fatherjones said:

It weighs what a solid Les Paul should weigh -- not to be glib. I don't have a scale. But it weighs more than the new chambered Standard and less than the heavy 1970s Norlin era Gibson monsters.

Neck is between 60s and 50s. I'd call it full but not huge. U shaped I guess.

All original pieces -- the Antiquities are in it with original wiring/circuit board. The original Goto PAFs with rare nickel covers ship in case.

What a solid Les Paul weighs?
too much of a variance
somewhere between 8.5 lbs and 11.5 lbs
Weight is important for some of us.

villager said:
I was the one who bought it on ebay but you wouldn't ship to france, why is it difficult to ship abroad? bung it in a box and take it to the post office..lol

I never understand that either and it's bloody annoying, what goddamn difference does it make, you still have to pack it the same.

Back