• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

CLOSE! buyed!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco78

Reaction score
Only black Les Paul Custom with nitro finish, ebony board and one piece back.

Contact me in pm. I prefer Europe seller, because in Italy I have to pay a lot of duty taxes.

Thanks

Hi Marco,

Tokai top end LPC are designated LC-100 [2 pup] and LC-110 [3 pup]
They have 1 piece mahogany body/top (no maple cap - just carved mahog.) a 1 piece mahog neck with ebony fingerboard and were offered in black nitro.

Koiz guitar in Japan has an LC-110 for sale. Check it out.

Peter mac

Hi Peter, I have seen the guitar but I prefer 2 pickups. And so 2000 ? for a old guitar is too much... I prefer new one! ;)

Peter Mac said:
You could also try Villager. He has a couple of Orville LPC for sale

Yes I know, but the prices are insane. For 2200-2300 ? I'd get a used Gibson Historic BB with honduras mahogany, nitro and so on, but I can't spend so much money, so I'd get a good MIJ Custom, but if I have to pay about the same price might as well to buy a Gibson Historic.
I have sell two years ago a Tokai LS 150 AAAA top for 750 ? (but without pups), now anyone have a good MIJ Les Paul ask for it 1200-1300 ?...

Thanks for your help.

villager said:
black ObG reissue custom 1200 euros

Sorry Villager but if you refer to the last on your OBG page, it is in a poor condition. No one will buy it for 1200 ?, the price is out of market. No offense, is an advice for you.

it has some headstock scratching of the logo, the frets are fine and it plays like a dream, that's not poor condition, get real!!

you seem to complain about everyone's pricing, everything is too expensive for you, so its funny that you have not found a guitar to buy yet .... maybe the pricing is correct, but you want too much...

I think I know the market a little better than you do... no offense..

good luck with your search but i think you will be looking for a long time :)

villager said:
it has some headstock scratching of the logo, the frets are fine and it plays like a dream, that's not poor condition, get real!!

you seem to complain about everyone's pricing, everything is too expensive for you, so its funny that you have not found a guitar to buy yet .... maybe the pricing is correct, but you want too much...

I think I know the market a little better than you do... no offense..

good luck with your search but i think you will be looking for a long time :)

So if you know the market a little better that me and you sell your guitar because the price is right, why do you write on my 3ds continuosly looking to sell your guitars? :)

If I might chip in here....

I bought a 2006 LC195s Black Beauty 3 and a half years ago and cost to me was ?900 including taxes and importation from Japan...

Given that in the last 3 years prices have gone up and the exchange rate with the Yen and USD have gone down I would expect to have to pay 25-30% today to buy the same guitar...

Given that Mark is offering an ObG Reissue which always have that bit of extra collectability due to the fact tere were only a finite number made then I think Mark's price on this guitar and his prices generally are good indicators of current market pricing...I just wish I'd bought a few more guitars 5 or 6 years ago when the GBP was 1:2 with the USD... :(

On another topic, Mark - if I had a spare ?2200 to spare I would be snapping up that beautiful Navigator Custom - what a guitar!!

Best,

John.

Johny642000 said:
If I might chip in here....

I bought a 2006 LC195s Black Beauty 3 and a half years ago and cost to me was ?900 including taxes and importation from Japan...

Given that in the last 3 years prices have gone up and the exchange rate with the Yen and USD have gone down I would expect to have to pay 25-30% today to buy the same guitar...

Given that Mark is offering an ObG Reissue which always have that bit of extra collectability due to the fact tere were only a finite number made then I think Mark's price on this guitar and his prices generally are good indicators of current market pricing...I just wish I'd bought a few more guitars 5 or 6 years ago when the GBP was 1:2 with the USD... :(

On another topic, Mark - if I had a spare ?2200 to spare I would be snapping up that beautiful Navigator Custom - what a guitar!!

Best,

John.

Hi Johnny but this price (900 ?) is for a new guitar? So, in UK when you import a guitar, what are the duty taxes?

My two cents:

Everytime i put a guitar on sale, a good guitar, no matter of the price, i always receive some email with price complaints or price drop asking...

What i think is that often there is someone out there that is trying to buy what he can't. But very often there is someone that wants really have a deal. So, usually, when somebody wants a guitar can ask a discount but he never will say to you: "your price is out of market". If he contact you is because has a clear idea that the price is in his range. Otherwise he doesn't contact you.
So what i really hate when selling is not who is trying to deal with you but who contact you just to say that he wants to "help you to understand what really you have to ask". That is really insane and boring.
Last but not least: guitar value is always given by how much people wants to pay for it. So, if there is someone out there that wants to pay what i ask, that one and only that one will be my buyer.
Amen

@Marco78: sorry if i pissed off your topic...

Marco78 said:
I prefer Europe seller, because in Italy I have to pay a lot of duty taxes.

Thanks
Almost everyone in Europe probably paid similar duties + overseas shipping and broker fees, something to consider.
Are you going to subtract those costs when you resell the guitar ?

The 1st is not a 2 pickup model, but has everything else you want, plus a blank headstock instead of the modern Fleur Tokai logo.
Tokai LC's are quite rare compared to LS models, so a little compromise might be worth considering or expect long waits.
These two should also include FEB, whereas most premium order Standard LS models will not.
Used Navigator N-LP 380 or 480 CTM's are fairly common on Yahoo and about the same quality or better if under 12 yrs old.

YJ auction d145129162
YJ auction d128054866

Good luck with your search !

Marco - this was for a second hand model, high end, in reasonable but used condition. I'm sorry but I think Mark's prices are fair and reflect the current market - look at prices from Japan then add courier and import charges (circa 20% in the UK) and then you'll realise that...

Mark - thanks, I'll certainly know to pm you when I want to buy a guitar...however, following a hugely expensive separation and a new high maintenance girlfriend I'm having to make do with what I've got...glad I bought them when I did....

Cheers,

John.

When you buy from inside the EU there are no importation charges but if you bring goods into the EU then you have to pay import tax.

In the UK, you have to pay tax on BOTH the cost of the guitar and the courier charges at 17% roughly

So if you are looking to buy from Japan then add roughly 20% to the price of the guitar to know what the real cost is going to be.

For Italy I would check with a courier company as charges might vary from on EU country to another...

Latest posts

Back