• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS 1982 Tokai LS150 Cherry Sunburst

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

le juge

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm selling my 1982 Tokai LS150.

As you can see on the pictures, it has a stunning solid flamed top, a one piece body, one piece neck, a very dark rosewood fretboard and a nitro lacquer.

This guitar is in excellent conditions, plays great and is perfectly setup.

This Tokai is all original excepted :

- a new bone nut
- electronics (CTS Pots, Orange Drop Caps and switchcraft for selector and input jack)
- Js Moore PUs (PAF Replica)

Come with a Tokai hardcase (which is not the original).

Weight : 4,370kg

SOLD.

321_1373219032.jpg

321_1373219103.jpg

321_1373219123.jpg

321_1373219143.jpg

321_1373219166.jpg

321_1373219192.jpg

321_1373219242.jpg

321_1373219262.jpg

321_1373219282.jpg

321_1373219334.jpg

321_1373293579.jpg

Wow, it is in amazing condition and very reasonaby priced.

Good luck with the sale !

Thanks guys !

The guitar is in excellent conditions and really plays great. Warm tone like an old Les Paul should have.

I have to sell it quickly so the price is fair.

le juge said:
wulfman said:
I think Villager should buy it... :D
No... I propose it to him but he doesn't like the cherry sunburt and just propose me a trade. :wink:

Interesting to propse a trade for a guitar he doesn't like. He must really hate the guitar he's trying to offload on you! :D

i proposed the trade before i knew the colour, its a shame its a lovely guitar, but I have 3 150's already and CHSB is just not my favourite, and the trade would have been for any one of 60 odd les pauls... :))

I know, i do it once a month, sell a guitar i would prefer to keep..;

you get used to parting with things that are great :)
but it's my business, so it's not soo painful.
someone will get to enjoy it :)

Yeah it smarts a bit to part with a good one... really stings when it doesn't fetch what you want. After my last ebay bollocking, I'm not starting my auctions at 0 anymore. I'm putting them up for what I want for them.... I don't need to sell them and I'm not going to give them away. If they don't go, then I'll put them up again for the same price and a best offer option.

Good luck on the sale.

I have sold 5 guitars in the past two weeks. Sales are picking up in the states. ;)

Good luck!

Hey guys,

Sorry but I don't like this guitar at all.

To me the chevron top is wrong for a 1982 LS-150, it looks more photo-flame as compared to the one bluesyrat is selling.
Tokai never put the oval sticker in the pickup cavity and swapping out the pups, pots and caps loses the only other clear piece of ID.and it has a mid-length tenon, not the longer one.

I am sure it is an awesome guitar to play and sounds great but going by the photos only, it looks a bit wrong.
I have been proven wrong in the past and am happy to be proven wrong again and this is not a personal attack either.

regards
Peter Mac

Tokai never put the oval sticker in the pickup cavity

Don't you think someone just stuck that in there rather than remove it or lose it forever? I'm sure it wasn't sold like that.

Hi siggy,

I agree, the sticker was never placed inside the pickup bay, it was a sales tool so shops could identify the price of the guitar to a customer. The numbers related to the RRP in thousands of yen.
Have you ever tried to take them off? They end up with white lines over them and yet this one is unblemished, leading me to think that it had been placed there on purpose.

On the same hand, just because the owner is from LeMans, I don't believe he's trying to pull a fast one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards
Peter Mac

Curious as to what you mean with the tenon length Peter.
Do you have a picture of a 150 from this period with the tenon type that you mean?

Latest posts

Back