• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bacchus BSG-68V Vintage Series SG

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveWW

Reaction score
Reluctantly putting my excellent Bacchus SG up for sale.

The guitar itself is in nice natural relic condition. the headstock got a couple of dings that it could do with out but other than that it's like a nice pair of worn shoes. I really like the oil finish. It's not sticky at all and the neck is a smooth and dry as a babies bum. I'm surprised how thin the neck is. It's quite wide but very slim 60s style unlike any Bacchus I've tried before which have always been pretty chunky.

Pickups are the original 2 VH-59s and everything else seems to be original as well.

Very lightweight and comfortable to play. Tonewise very AC/DC through the right amp and settings.

Price ?450 plus shipping at cost.

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

A few more pic's here

http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm467/davidkw2001/Bacchus%20BSG-68V%20Oil/

Really beautiful Dave ! Are you sure that's the warranty card for this Bacchus ?

Timo, thanks for posting! I feel pretty stupid now. It's the warranty card for my Strat :oops: Senior moment!

Pic now removed

Dave

No need to feel stupid :wink: It's easy to choose the wrong pic with all that stuff we have stored today in some folders.And the card is japanese so not your fault :wink:

The guitar is c1998 and an extract of the catalogue with spec's is below. As far as I can tell the body is one piece.

This is an amazing guitar for the money. A hell of a lot better than the lower end of a certain well known brand IMHO. Surprised it's not been snapped up already

98BSG-68VBR-OILSpecs.jpg

You wouldn't believe how much I want to grab this SG, but I just can't swing it at the moment.

The oil finish is definitely the best finish I've encountered on a guitar - although the look may be subject to personal taste, the playability and feel is really great.

All the best. :)

Go on! You know you want to :D

Crazy thing is I really do not want to sell it. One of my guitars has to go and I thought this would be a definite quick sale. There was no interest in my MIJ Epiphone Riviera so I thought I'd try this one.

Must admit I agree with you about the oil finish I wasn't sure what to expect as I hadn't played one before.

Dave

I have exactly the same Bacchus SG and it's amazing guitar. Light, perfectly balanced and rocks! Guys, if you're looking for SG - go for it!

Dave that looks nice! Could you give me an estimated price of the shipping to Denmark? I'm about to sell my Fernandes strat and the guy needs a couple of weeks to get the money.. If/when he does Im 96 % sure I'll pull the trigger on this one :)

If you prefer to mail me I can be reached on [email protected]
Additional info is welcome, it looks to be in great shape.. How old
is she?

Kind Regards Mark

Hello Mark,

Shipping to Denmark will be ?30 by airfreight. the guitar was built in or very near to 1998 as in the catalogue above.

There is a guy in Canada who expressed an interest a couple of days ago but the shipping cost to there is quite expensive so that may have put him off.

If it hasn't sold already when your ready to pull the trigger it's yours. Just send me a pm through the forum.

Dave

Fantastic! I hope it's not gone but I understand if it
is! But I'll pm you when the times come.. Hopefully I'll get the money sooner than later! Unfortunately my wife's forbidden me to buy more
Gear before I sell some!

:-(

But she has put up with a lot so can't really blame her!

Regards from DK

Hope to speak with you soon!

:D

I envy your brave nature Dave!

I'll call the guy tomorrow and ask him how sure he is of getting the quid! He's a friend so if he's certain we can get on with the deal a bit sooner! Hate to miss out!

Btw will you ship in case or bag or? Forgot to ask about the frets? Still some life left? And is the action high due to the pickguard?

Sorry about all the questions!

When you get tired of them let me know!

Mark

Mark,

No problem with questions. I've not got a case so shipping wil be in a gig bag but well packed inside a strong (gibson) guitar box. Frets are good with around 90% remaining. The action is low (probably a little too low), it's set up with 10s and there are no dead spots.

Dave

Back