• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top Replica

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomgills

Reaction score
For sale is a 2007 Gibson (sic?) Les Paul Gold Top Standard.

First off, this is not an actual USA Gibson Les Paul. It was made in Quindao, China although stamped as a USA replica.

This is actually a nice guitar. The body is basswood with a maple top. The pickups are apparently Gibson (and hare stamped as such) although I highly doubt they are USA made. The neck is mahogany and the fretboard is rosewood. I installed better Kluson style tuners and a Schaller Roller Bridge. I also installed some huge orange drop capacitors.

I bought this a few years ago to see how good they actually were so I bought from a well known guitar builder. This was not a cheap guitar. I have seen ads for super cheap guitars but this one was not.

It comes with a Gibson OHSC.

$500.00 Firm plus actual shipping cost (I have an account with Fed Ex with a 45% discount). I only ship insured via Fed Ex and I have never had a problem.

tomgills said:
First off, this is not an actual USA Gibson Les Paul. It was made in Quindao, China although stamped as a USA replica.

Then that should tell you it's a fake.... you're not going to get alot of warm, fuzzy response posting that crap here. Try the My Les Paul forum and let them give you an earful if you like

tomgills said:
For sale is a 2007 Gibson (sic?) Les Paul Gold Top Standard.

This is actually a nice guitar. The body is basswood with a maple top. The pickups are apparently Gibson (and hare stamped as such) although I highly doubt they are USA made. The neck is mahogany and the fretboard is rosewood. I installed better Kluson style tuners and a Schaller Roller Bridge. I also installed some huge orange drop capacitors.

I bought this a few years ago to see how good they actually were so I bought from a well known guitar builder. This was not a cheap guitar. I have seen ads for super cheap guitars but this one was not.

It comes with a Gibson OHSC.

$500.00 Firm plus actual shipping cost (I have an account with Fed Ex with a 45% discount). I only ship insured via Fed Ex and I have never had a problem.

All I can add is I saw several examples of these in Beijing when I lived there, and most could be had for less than $200 but were very poor quality. The cases were actually pretty good copies though.

Latest posts

Back