• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1978 ls -80 reborn old

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbird59

Reaction score
.1978 old cherry sunburst,two piece solid top, one piece back,nitro,18 degree headstock' feb,Brazilian rosewood ,original two-ring Kluson style tuners, reborn headstock.original case.now the back story.i bought this from a fellow forum member over a year ago.when he got it he noticed a volute at the base of the headstock.his informed opinion is this model should not have a volute.getting no satisfaction from the seller, he did what we would all do. asked others their opinion. some believe it was made that way others thought different.so, full disclosure,it may be a very well repaired headstock however the neck shows no sign of fatigue or stress.the volute is smallish compared to gibson volutes of that time period.i am asking exactly what i paid. 1200.for the guitar 300 for the case.free shipping via ups to continental u.s.a all foreign shipping will be billed actual cost. paypal ok and i will eat the paypal fees. i believe this a fair price.the guitar weighs in at 9.4 lbs as per my digital bathroom scale. also the original circuit board has been replaced with a r.s unit but have the original
sellingls001.jpg
sellingls003.jpg
sellingls009.jpg
sellingls80020.jpg

interesting, i've never seen an '80 with a volute.

nice git.

Back