• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai "E" stamped stratocaster pickup set

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansolo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an "E"-series strat pickups set for sale. I believe these are the Dimarzio produced pickups for Tokai in the early 80s or so. One pickup does not have the original cloth wire that the other two have. The pickup covers have aged really well with that yellowing.

I've been meaning to install these on a project strat I had, but they've been sitting way too long and I'm sure someone could put better use to them in a nice Tokai :) . Unfortunately, I am uncertain which pickup is for the neck, middle, or bridge but maybe an impedance meter could help sort that out.

I am in Austin, Texas if you wanted to check them out or buy them in person. I am not sure how much these are worth; a quick ebay search revealed a set that sold for a little more than 200, but with such a small sample size, it's difficult to set a price. I am thinking $180 obo? Please do not hesitate to ask questions or send me an offer.

Thanks for such a great site! I've done extensive research on the website and here in the forums when I was very close to getting a Tokai LR a while back.

Pics:
Photo87.jpg

Photo86.jpg

Photo85.jpg

Photo161.jpg

Sorry I have not had a chance to install and can't tell for sure; they have been sitting around for over a year. I acquired them from a friend of a friend so I am confident they are good. If you're ever in the Austin area and want to take a meter to test them, I'd welcome that.

Back