• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980s Tokai Breezysound TE50 for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

A recent purchase of an expensive Breezy means that this baby has to go.

IMG_0162c.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE PICS

As far as I know, it's from the 1980s, & it must be post 1983 as it has the newer type of decal. Correct Fender headstock shape though, much nicer than the later "modified" shape. There are the usual small knocks & dings you get on nearly all guitars that are 20+ years old, though nothing major. There is slight shadowing between the bridge & the bottom strap button from what must have been a small square sticker on the body, long since gone. However I can't get the camera to pick it up. All in all, it seems to have led quite an easy life, so far.

The rosewood board is typical 1980s Tokai - dark, oily & gorgeous - you don't get rosewood as good as this on any modern guitars that I have seen, including Custom Shop Fenders. There is some fret wear, but not enough to bother me (and I'm fussy), but it's even wear with no grooving. The action is medium/low with 10-52 strings. It sounds great & it probably plays like butter, but I've never played butter so I wouldn't know....

The pickups measure 7.31 (B) & 6.14 (N), & it weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces, or 3720g.

Both the 1987 & 1985 catalogues suggest this is a TE50:

Alder body
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
TE Vintage Mk II pickups
Tokai stamped 6 saddle bridge
Deluxe tuners

It comes with the lightweight hard case in the pics - not immaculate, but it does the job & will protect the guitar in transit. I'm asking what it cost me - ?375 including the case, postage to be charged at cost. Please contact me for a shipping quote. Overseas shipping is possible, & so is personal collection in London. I will briefly be in the Wolverhampton/Birmingham area early Wednesday evening or Thursday morning (this week), if that's any help.

If you want any more information or any more pics, let me know.

8)

Mike

A really good looking guitar. Just a pity you weren't selling it last summer when I bought my fender tele. But if I tell my wife I want another guitar just now as well as the Tokai ES 130 I'm saving for I think sparks might fly. Good luck with the sale.
Les

Thanks Les.

I thought I had better add a pic to confirm that there's no extra routing under the scratchplate.

IMG_1990.jpg

A recent, extensive thread has reminded me that I should point out to you all that this guitar DOES NOT HAVE A LAMINATE TOP! Wow! Not only is the top SOLID, the whole body is SOLID!

I welcome any testing you care to suggest - x-ray it if you want! This baby is SOLID. And we all know what that means, don't we?

:p :p :p

A Breezy that seems to be identical just sold on eBay for ?530!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110399053954

Which makes my asking price seem like a bargain. :wink: I will be listing this one on eBay shortly, so if anyone wants to grab it quickly before I do, make your move now.

8)

Sold to a new forum member who didn't waste any time! I hope you're happy with it Paul.

8)

If you use it on anything that you could post here - music tracks, youtube videos etc - I'm sure we would like to see & hear it.

8)

Back