• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: les paul junior or special copy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tc2

Reaction score
kinda hankering for a Junior or special with p-90s, Greco , Burny, Tokai or ???
just thought I would see if someone in the USA has one for sale.

tc2 said:

Or an Epiphone lacquer serie, They are fantastic! Exept for the P.U, they're identical to the ORville by Gibson. :wink: , sunburst, yellow or wine red color.

I've got a LSS100 SEB which I'm considering letting go of now that I've got the LSS195.

It's this one in this link

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4583&highlight=seb

pm me if your interested

Chris

20 century boy said:
tc2 said:

Or an Epiphone lacquer serie, They are fantastic! Exept for the P.U, they're identical to the ORville by Gibson. :wink: , sunburst, yellow or wine red color.

Ive seen those they look pretty good....is the tokai korean?? :-?

What, Chris'? No, Japanese. Funny body on those SEB models - "Sound Effect Body"; supposedly designed to increase sustain by combining a large cross-cut piece of wood with the usual vertical cut. They work and all; I have a SEB LP that just sings.

Chris' LSS195 is the top-of-the range Japanese guitar.

Chris, where abouts are you based?

The open book headstock, the 2 screw truss rod cover the list price of 100,000 yen in 2006, it came in a box from Japan and the dead giveaway "made in japan " stamp on the back tell me it's a Japanese model

Yes it's a sound effect body, you can see that in the photo's in the link :)

I've not seen another in the UK or US

I'm probably very near you Alan, in the north west. bye-eckerslike

Chris

chrisheyes said:
I've got a LSS100 SEB which I'm considering letting go of now that I've got the LSS195.

It's this one in this link

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4583&highlight=seb

pm me if your interested

Chris

How big is the neck on the Tokai? Is it fat like the Gibson VOS LP Specials? Other necks that it could be compared to are a Gibby 339. I have one of those with the 50s Fat neck that I love.

I currently have an Orville LP Special single cut that sounds great but the neck from frets 1-5 is a little thin for what I like (I like big necks). I'd consider cutting my Orville loose if I could find something with a bigger neck. Here's some pics of the Orville:

OrvilleLPSpecialCherry3.jpg

OrvilleLPSpecialCherry4.jpg

OrvilleLPSpecialCherry2.jpg

chrisheyes said:
Yes it's a sound effect body, you can see that in the photo's in the link :)

I've not seen another in the UK or US

the belfast guitar emporium had one of those SEB ones a while back, but they seem to have sold it now. :)

I played a gordon smith guitar the other day, that was a cross between a special and a junior, it played very well

http://www.gordonsmithguitars.com/products/category.php?id=1

Stereohigh said:
I played a gordon smith guitar the other day, that was a cross between a special and a junior, it played very well

+1 to that Stereohigh

I've got a GS1 thanks to forum member Twinfan and one of TOGPS's Aluminium Stop Tailpieces

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Great guitars, totally handmade not 10 miles from me :D

chrisheyes said:
Stereohigh said:

+1 to that Stereohigh

I've got a GS1 thanks to forum member Twinfan and one of TGPS's Aluminium Stop Tailpieces

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Great guitars, totally handmade not 10 miles from me :D

(Hello !!!!)

..."handmade" or "handcrafted"...???? The guitar is totally cut from wood in England or the parts are assembled in England ?

...What about playability, fits and finish of GORDON SMITH guitars ... ?

...This is a "one piece" body like the TOKAI LSS195 ??

Max.

Both, Max. Hand cut, assembled, and finished in England.

Gordon Smith guitars are probably the worst kept secret over here, and yet still don't sell as many as they deserve to. Utterly superb instruments - I've owned, loved and lost a fair few!

Yeah, completely agree, I have had a GS for years and it's amazing. I also had Brian Eastwood craft me a LP Junior DC back in the 80's that is simply world's better than anything I've ever played.

That GS Chris has is the nicest Gordon Smith I've ever played :)

Can't believe you're selling the SEB Chris, that's a great guitar!

Back