• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 2005 MIJ Tokai LS-150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorMan

Reaction score
Continental US Only

Wife says I have to clean house...big time, so there's more to come...

This is a 2005 Violin Finish (Honeyburst) Tokai LS-150 (Love Rock) I purchased new from Ishibashi (Guitar store) in Japan. Includes OHSC.

Guitar is in excellent condition.

Upgrades include pickups with brushed unplated pure nickel silver pickup covers and Gibson trussrod cover.
Most here probably know the specs, but for those who don't...

Comes with factory installed OD caps, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and switch, lightweight aluminum tailpiece and bone nut. This guitar has a medium neck tenon, nitrocellulose lacquer finish and AAA flamed maple top (NOT A VENEER) with 1 piece mahogany back.

This guitar is in perfect playing condition with no issues or problems whatsoever right out of the box.

EDIT: Price drop! I'll ship in the CONUS for $1,150.

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

PM'd... but the messaging system on these forums tend to lag; hope you get it soon.

marcusnieman said:
Lovely....not really a long tenon though. What does she weigh?

You're right, technically it's a medium tenon. I'll change the listing.

I don't really have an accurate scale, but I'll do my best to provide a weight on my bathroom scale when I get home tonight.

Tokai calls them long tenon, the neck joint where the neck is seen flush with the pickup cavity is a Medium tenon, and a short tenon is the Gibson standard tenon that doesn't even reach the pickup cavity and has a small piece of wood in front of it to hide the awful joint. Tokai has a long tenon, {just a shorter version}... :p

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Tokai calls them long tenon, the neck joint where the neck is seen flush with the pickup cavity is a Medium tenon, and a short tenon is the Gibson standard tenon that doesn't even reach the pickup cavity and has a small piece of wood in front of it to hide the awful joint. Tokai has a long tenon, {just a shorter version}... :p

Mick

Oh well...the pics clearly show the tenon so there's no secret. Call it what you like. :D

Pegcityrocker said:
Who hand wound those pickups? It looks like one has vintage wire and the other has 4 conductor lead.

The 4 conductor lead bridge pickup was wound by HighOrder pickups. I wound the neck pickup.

Hey all,

I'm getting lots of inquiries from international parties. Thanks overseas bros, but let's review my selling policy.

The first sentence of the thread says:
"Continental US only".

The only way I will consider making an exception is:
1.) You have plenty of posts and time on this forum
2.) You are willing to pay shipping (insured, tracked and sig required).
3.) I will not fudge the declared value.

If you are ok with these terms, go ahead and PM me.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back