• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vintage 1981 Tokai Love Rock LS-80 Goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
Reducing my LP types a bit. This is one of my "several" Tokai LP types. It is quite the player. I just acquired an '82 Tokai Love Rock w/ P90's and goldtop so this baby may need a new lover.

TokaiLS-80GT005a-1.jpg

Built to 1958 Gibson LP specs. Big, chunky neck w/ very minor fret wear.

Top carve is more correct than newer Gibsons.

Nitro finish throughout.

Two-piece solid maple top. If held in sunlight, you can see flamed maple patterning below the gold. Yikes!

Fret edge binding typical of only "high-end" Tokais.

18 degree headstock angle as per Gibson.

Gotoh double creme pickups, no covers.

Rare dark back finish.

Has belt buckle rash and normal playing wear for a 27 year-old guitar. None through the finish.

Weight = 9.2 lbs.

Has the tone, feel and the vibe.

Comes with Gibson gig bag. Bought originally w/o case or bag.

Payment via US Postal Money Order preferred. I will ship the guitar and gig bag in the CONUS for $1,375.00. I am in Tennessee. Shipping West of Mississippi may cost you a few dollars more. International shipping would be considered and shipping costs adjusted appropriately. All Customs fees and additional insurance on buyer's end.

Open to trades. Interested in PRS McCarty's, Tokai TE-80's, Fender Relics, Gibson 339's .......... try me.
Please PM or email for additional info: [email protected]

Here are additional pics: http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z56/f5joe/1981%20Tokai%20LS-80%20GT/

Thanks, Joe

Is the pickguard original? It looks a little hand-cut around the bridge pickup.

And it's a lovely one too!! I have one almost the same but mines in no-where near as good condition, I'm sure you'll have no problem shifting that!!

Thanks John, I appreciate it. This has a wonderful, chunky neck. She kind of likes it here so no harm if not sold.

I go in spells where I'll acquire a few things and then sell a few. For me, it's fun. :D

f5joe said:
Thanks John, I appreciate it. This has a wonderful, chunky neck. She kind of likes it here so no harm if not sold.

I go in spells where I'll acquire a few things and then sell a few. For me, it's fun. :D

I have a hard time parting with mine. I'd make a lousy bulimic....I'm great with the binge part but not able to purge.

****, those gold Tokai twins look NICE together!

And that fancy gold clock ain't bad, either :D

What's the color like on your Tokai's compared to the R7? Sometimes it looks as though like the early Tokai's used a lighter shade of Gold but it's hard to tell.

Back