• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 ES 100 in Cherry Red.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuattroSte

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my ES100 as I have major GAS for another guitar but I'm not sure of a value on one of these. Perfect condition but no case.

Any ideas. It cost me ?1150 new(yeah I know Ireland is a rip off country)

I think it's the UK one. I know it had to be imported from the UK into Ireland but I'll double check.

What difference does this make Togps?

A dimple is concave, a pimple (or nipple if you prefer - which I'm sure you do :wink: ) is convex.

stratman323 said:
A dimple is concave, a pimple (or nipple if you prefer - which I'm sure you do :wink: ) is convex.

Looks like linguistics excersices today for us :lol:

I do prefer a nipple over a pimple any day!

JohnA said:
Some people don't like the UK dimple, the 'correct' headstock is the preferred one.

Dimple, pimple, nipple ???? When was the last time someone told you their tone came from their nipple? :D

I'm selling a Tokai ES100 guitar, MIJ, in perfect condition, most likely with nipple! Surely that's a bonus.

Sorry, maybe I'm being a little too pedantic today. :-?

Usually in life a nipple is a bonus. I'm afraid that when it comes to Tokai's Gibson copies, the nipple usually makes it slightly less appealing. That's why togps asked the question.

But you're right, it doesn't affect the tone. 8)

Thanks Stratman. It's just that I don't look at my Tokais as Gibson copies or wannabe's really. I look upon them as Tokai reproductions of the classic Gibson designs. I think you can take a classic design and improve on it like the way Bacchus have done with their guitars. But I suppose Tokai do go for a more 1 to 1 reproduction.

I don't mean "copy" in a derogatory way, I'm glad that my LS85S is a pretty accurate copy of a 56 LP, & a Goldstar a copy of a 64 Strat. Replica or reproduction are good words too I guess, but take longer to type. :lol:

Back