• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Mid 80's Jazz Sounds Bass

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currypowder

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Mid-80's Tokai Jazz Sounds bass with original precision upper pickup. I'm not sure of the exact year of manufacture, but I'm guessing mid 80's since it doesn't have the earlier spaghetti logo, but does have the correctly shaped matching headstock. The neck is a thinner Jazz Bass size neck. The pickguard is not original, it looks like someone took a jazz bass pickguard and routed the upper pickup opening to accommodate the P pickup. I'm also missing the pickup blender knob. Other than that, it's original and in good shape for a 20+ year old bass. Relatively new flatwound strings. It's as good as any P or J bass I've ever heard. Very versatile with the P & J pickups and the blender pot. No case or gig bag. $500 Shipped in the USA. I haven't shipped international for awhile, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Pics: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/currypowder1/Tokai%20Jazz%20Bass/

57fb_3.jpg

Bump.

The auction has a buy it now option and payment via paypal. This may only be available in the USA, but if you get into ebay through a live.com search, you should be eligible for a Microsoft Cash Back offer that will save you up to $90 on the bass. You may even be able to combine the cash back offer with the ebay 10% coupon that expires today (if you have one) to save another $45. All told, you could get this killer bass for a net of about $315 shipped.

Latest posts

Back