amazing 1980 LS-120 Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marmoor

Reaction score
A very nice LS-120 in fine condition and great vintage sound.

http://www.bjmusiglade.ch/

then navigate to "Occasionen" and then "E-Gitarren". You find also a picture of the nice top.

Sound is amazing dry and vintage, I played it on some BadCats.. wow!.

CTS-Pots, Bumblebees, 50ties wiring, doublewhite DiMarzio PAFs (holy dear, they sound nice - what a astouning great surprise to me), thin nitro cellulose lacquer, Groover tuners, what a nice guitar...

I think they will ship worldwide.

tokai_ls120.jpg

Are there any other pictures perhaps? And do you belong to that shop in Switzerland maybe coming from the same town?

hi Hans-J?rgen

Yes, I'm living 10 minutes away from this shop. I get my strings from there. Unfortunately I'm not the owner of this shop ;-) so, i have to pay for my strings..

But, they do a very nice job there. Always a lot of very nice instruments available there, so I have to reduce my visits.. (because of GAS).

Hm, maybe I can ask for more pics. But this will take some time..

greetz
Mark

The back of the headstock would be interesting, because of the Grover tuners and the serial number, and the truss rod cover is not the Love Rock version (either Reborn or Gibson). Otherwise it looks great of course. How much is SF 2,600 in Euros?

... please, at your command ... 8)

http://de.finance.yahoo.com/waehrungsrechner

CLICK ! :wink:

Roger

I remember the serial number, it is 0010360. There is also an oval black sign on the back of the head where is "LS 120" written on it.

The Groovers were not mounted originaly, as you can see the small holes from the original tuners, but because of the color, I think they are also vintage and have the same age like the guitar (like all metal parts). But the Groovers work fine and flawlessly what I could see.. I liked them better than the tulips on my Tokai Love Rock.

I also liked the nice "broken in"-feeling when I played it. I felt like Jimmy Page.. ;-)

mark

Back