'79 reborn on eBay.usa

Music stores and pawn shops where Tokai guitars have been spotted for sale. New or used.

Moderators: ian, ned

QuattroSte
Guitar God

Post by QuattroSte » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:01 am

tell people what I really think about tonewoods, boutique pickups, $1700 Reborns, 1984 Goldstars, which guitars really sound better & why (& which ones don?t) ?
please pease please please please..... :lol:

Jim Jones
Guitar God

Post by Jim Jones » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:32 am

ian wrote:
Jim - you're right, there really hasn't been much "nonsense" here. Even in this thread, seems to me like guys are pretty well controlled (maybe I missed something?).
Ian.
Well, I wouldn't say that Ochay's comments were very well controlled. If he's older than 12 I'd suspect he's not exactly splitting the atom.

Jim

spikeymikey
Guitar God

Tonewood

Post by spikeymikey » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:39 am

Yeah c'mon Ian - spill the beans. Last week I pulled a 'Vester' (are they Korean?) strat copy out of a car boot sale for ?7 just for a laugh. It had been thrashed but the fingerboard wear made me think maybe it was a good guitar because it had obviously been played a lot - and you can pay fender hundreds of ???'s for that look! After restringing and tweaking it became playable - not great but OK. The overall sound is fair but the two 'in-between' sounds are extremely good - really musical and usable. I dont know what the p-up's are but when I removed the pickguard I discovered that the body is PLYWOOD!. If I can get it to play just a bit better I'll use it - no problem - it'll be a killer rythmn guitar - and it's so light. LS80 Reborn - who needs it!
Sorry to hear about all this brouhaha Steve - hang on in.

ochay
Guitar God

Post by ochay » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:56 pm

For the record>>>

:lol:
Guitar Farmer !

villager
Guitar God

Post by villager » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:18 pm

hi ochay I am surprised you sent such a PM to tokaigeezer as detailed previously ...why? any particular reason m8?

theskywolf
Guitar God

Post by theskywolf » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Hey folks, please don't let this happen here. I've seen a good and vital mailing list go down in about a year, it's almost dead now - and that started out exactly that way!

Remember why we're here - it's pure fun as we all like guitars, music, playing and discussing things from neck tenons to g.a.s! There's some business in it, too, but that's not the main purpose I think.

So Steve, please don't leave, and everybody, go on the way I learned to know this forum - a friendly, helpful place full of guitar maniacs like me!

Wolf

villager
Guitar God

Post by villager » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:46 pm

true enough wolf I second that ...I was just wondering why ochay was so brutal in his reply .....as all my dealings with him ..he's come across very well..

theskywolf
Guitar God

Post by theskywolf » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:52 pm

Maybe a bad day ... I hope the british and german post will NOT have a bad day and bring me my guitar quickly :D :D :D

villager
Guitar God

Post by villager » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:43 pm

should be there tomorrow ...fingers crossed .....
:)

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:22 am

Hi Jim,?well what Tokaigeezer was quoting was really a private message from Ochay, not too pretty but then I don?t know the background to that. I?m not here defend Ochay, & to be fair I also had an unwanted ?exchange? with him at one time, but I don?t think Ochay has said anything rude or out of place here?ha, I?m not sure what a ?BEATCH? is lol ? some new word for me :-? .

Darren, Mike ? ha, I don?t have any beans to spill, just opinions, like everyone else. If you have the dosh then of course it?s fun to buy & try various guitars & amps. But for me the bottom line is always my playing, not the value of the guitar I?m using. More on this stuff another time ... hurrying to airport right now. :-?

Ian.