'79 reborn on eBay.usa

Music stores and pawn shops where Tokai guitars have been spotted for sale. New or used.

Moderators: ian, ned

ochay
Guitar God

'79 reborn on eBay.usa

Post by ochay » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:26 pm

This fine example is 100% ORIGINAL

This is the same original Nickel hardware/Gotoh PAF/pickups/pickguard/circuitboard/Nitro finish that she had on when she left the Tokai factory, comes with original Hard Shell case also!!
Can you say '59 Les Paul???
bought from Original owner who bought it new in Japan.
Yea Baby !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
Last edited by ochay on Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Guitar Farmer !

GStormcrow
Guitar God

Post by GStormcrow » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:21 am

Mmmmmmmmm Reborn Ls80

Looks great. Hopefully it will go to a nice home in Ireland for a nice price. Got someone else here looking for one

theskywolf
Guitar God

Post by theskywolf » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:24 am

Wow, that's what I'm still looking for! So it might not go to Ireland ... if it's affordable ;)

ochay, take care with the "Gibson Les Paul CLONE", ebay likes ending auctions because of this! I just send you a mail regarding shipping and payment.

May the "best" one win ;)

CS Jones
Guitar God

Post by CS Jones » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:56 am

Are you just price testing again or do actually plan on letting the auction run it's course to the end? This one wouldn't just happen to weigh in at 9lbs 15 and one half ounce too would it. No offense meant really... I've just watched your auctions long enough to feel that these are legitimate questions. Seen you yank quite a few just prior to the end and list some weight figures which always seem to be curiously just a gnat's butt under 10 lbs.
Nice looking guitar.

Clay

ochay
Guitar God

Post by ochay » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:55 am

clay,
This one weighs a tad over 9 lbs-9.635 lbs-as a matter of fact- :lol:

Buy the way Wolfy- You have been buggin me for a while for a killer axe like this --show me the money 8) -I'll ship her to you for less than $100usd
Mike
Guitar Farmer !

tokaigeezer
Guitar God

Post by tokaigeezer » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:51 pm

Not to be overly PC here, but the thing that bothers me is that this guy always refers to his guitars as "beatches." I'm sure there are some female forum members out there and I wonder how they feel about it. I know it's only a guitar, and he's trying to be hip or something but I don't think he'd refer to one of his family members this way.

GStormcrow
Guitar God

Post by GStormcrow » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:57 pm

I see villager and skywolf have started the bidding already. Lads some advice. Just wait til the last few mins to start bidding. Bidding now only drives the price up and it will end up costing whoever buys it a lot more. Happened to a Reborn Old I was looking at. There is potential here for someone to get a great guitar for a great price to both seller and buyer. Bid now and the seller will make a killing on this while the buyer will pay more than it's worth tbh

20 century boy
Guitar God

Post by 20 century boy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:10 pm

That's why I'm buying my guitars in japan! 8)
Even if it's getting a little more pricey these days, it's still reasonable. Maybe not for long.
nankurunai sa!

ochay
Guitar God

Post by ochay » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:28 pm

geezer-You have it all wrong-Your thinking bitch-
I'm using a different word - Beatch
Seems like you have way to much time on your hands geezer???
:lol:
Last edited by ochay on Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Guitar Farmer !

tokaigeezer
Guitar God

Post by tokaigeezer » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:11 pm

Hey Ochay,

Golly, why am I not astonished by the sophistication of your reply? :roll:

Never said I was hip - in fact I'm old enough I no longer care - so what does the word beatch mean, beach? Is this something I can look up in Funk & Wagnells? Is this one of those SoCal things?

Hopelessly unhip,

Steve

villager
Guitar God

Post by villager » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:00 am

i was testing ochays water for a reserve ..but I think that one will be too rich for me ..lol I'm sticking with me ObG's ...

tokaigeezer
Guitar God

Post by tokaigeezer » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:51 pm

Well, this is where I get off the bus. Having been flamed once on the forum and twice in private messages by Ochay (see example* below with the naughty bits starred out), I really think LondonBarry had the right idea after all. To Luis, Ian, Ned, TokaiGuy and especially Peter Mac, take care and keep playin' and I'll be peekin' in from time to time.

Steve

* No I ment (*&) you B*TCH !
I was playing tokai's before you even heard of a tokai-
You a f*ckin punk dude- so (*&) off !!!
You have to muck time on your old rickidy hands-
You probably don't even own a tokai- You SISSY Punk BEATCH

Jim Jones
Guitar God

Post by Jim Jones » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:10 pm

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear that. I hadn't seen any nonsense on this forum up until now, so it' s a bit of a disappointment.

Take care,

Jim

QuattroSte
Guitar God

Post by QuattroSte » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:40 am

Steve,

From a fellow "Steve", don't leave because of that. Everyone's point is valid here and appreciated by most. It would take a lot more than some girlie name calling to deter me :wink:

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:36 am

Steve, I know it?s entirely your decision of course, but don?t let a few crass PM?s put you off? ha, you?d be surprised at some of the rubbish people send to me lol.

But I guess there?s more to it? Maybe you think it gets ?stale? to see same old answers to same old questions, and 99% just about Tokai guitars?

Maybe we should have a couple more categories, eg for discussion of music/playing/songbooks/lessons etc? Maybe a separate section for pickups & technical mods? Or maybe I?ll just throw caution to the wind & tell people what I really think about tonewoods, boutique pickups, $1700 Reborns, 1984 Goldstars, which guitars really sound better & why (& which ones don?t) ? what do you think? :-?

Jim - you're right, there really hasn't been much "nonsese" here. Even in this thread, seems to me like guys are pretty well controlled (maybe I missed something?). Of course if you're on the sidelines then it can be amusing to watch a slanging match, or least that's what guys seem to think on Les Paul Forum & TDPRI etc., not to mention HC (sometimes those places are just like watching a multiple car crash).

Ian.