1986 Tokai Breezysound Sharaku TTE-100SR

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouDur

Reaction score
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1638785205

Only 50 made it seems. Pretty cool guitar, but not sure to the tune of $7K CAD (about $5145 USD)... Nonetheless thought I'd point it out!

"A true anomaly in the world of guitars. One of the rarest Japanese guitars of the modern era."

I have heard these arguments before. Usually from sellers. LOL

This one is rare too, but I would not give you $5,000 for it.

ACOpZq5.png

YjO7miN.png

naO9C8l.png

8YOZHaY.png

iYbuUTy.png

https://reverb.com/item/3176190-198...hare&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=3176190

Description

Have you ever seen a guitar like this?

This is a 1986 Tokai Breezysound Sharaku. The model number is TTE-100SR. Completely original.

This is the best quality Breezysound that Tokai made in 1986, highlighted by the 100 in the model number.

I have confirmation from Tokai Gakki Japan that only 50 were made, however, they could not tell me how many had the rosewood fretboard.

A true anomaly in the world of guitars. One of the rarest Japanese guitars of the modern era.

Not only was the Tokai Breezysound Sharaku superior in quality to its Fender counterpart but because of its limited run has become the most preeminently sought after guitar of the 1980's.

The guitar is in perfect, "player condition". Lots of chips, scrapes and dents. None of which have altered its playability, what so ever. This guitar has been enjoyed.

The hard fitted case included is not the original.

AgZ3Ie4.png

0rQmpv9.png

US9EVZW.png

z3LhTRH.png

FkO0Eff.png

PRFobMx.png

"A true anomaly in the world of guitars. One of the rarest Japanese guitars of the modern era."

ACOpZq5.png

YjO7miN.png

naO9C8l.png

8YOZHaY.png

iYbuUTy.png

https://reverb.com/item/3176190-1982-tokai-love-rock-ls-60?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=

ACOpZq5.png

YjO7miN.png

naO9C8l.png
for

8YOZHaY.png

iYbuUTy.png

1982 Tokai Love Rock LS-60 | Reverb
The production numbers for your guitar are unknown which renders it incomparable. Shouldn't we be promoting our posts instead of slandering them. Our admiration of quality guitars will ultimately bring up their value.

The production numbers for your guitar are unknown which renders it incomparable. Shouldn't we be promoting our posts instead of slandering them. Our admiration of quality guitars will ultimately bring up their value.
I wasn’t “slandering” the guitar or any one for that matter. I was making an observation.

“I have heard these arguments before. Usually from sellers.” is not slander.

But since you are obviously the seller, I can understand you being defensive.

The guitar you are selling is interesting aesthetically, but construction-wise it’s not that unusual.

So it’s superficial.

Either you think a paint job is worth $5,000 or you don’t.

You’re actually not the first person to claim their rather ordinary guitar is one of the most valuable Tokais, or as you put it "the most preeminently sought after guitar of the 1980's" because of a paint job. Someone else said something similar about a TST50 with a sparkle finish.

But I have to say that you are basically inviting people to contend with you by making a statement like that.

In the end, value is decided by the seller and a willing buyer. Obviously, I’m not your buyer so I’m not sure why you decided to go after me six months after my post above, but I’m glad you gave me the opportunity to respond to you.

And by the way, I don't want to "bring up the value" on guitars. That is not at all what I want to do. So we have very different motives here.

It’s an interesting screen print on a Tele copy.... That’s my opinion. You’re welcome to yours.

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back