1984 Goldstar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebar

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested in this Goldstar which popped up recently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOKAI-GOLDSTAR-SOUND-STRATOCASTER-1984-MIJ-CASE-/230821156585?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35be0356e9

As I'm more familiar with the Love Rock range, I'd like to invite other member's opinions on whether or not its worth going for.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Gabe,

I've a few friends in Cardiff who travel back and forth between Ireland and the UK all the time, so getting someone to collect it for me isn't a problem. I'm just not too well up on Tokai's Stratocaster-based model and hoped for some advice on whether its over-valued, looks modified, questions to ask the seller, etc

I've been considering buying a Fender Japan Stratocaster for a while and wondered if this may be a better quality instrument.

Tony

Hi Tony, that seems like a good guitar and I believe that is a TST-55 model. Looks to be all original and price seems reasonable.

Questions to ask (basically what is not evident from the description in the listing) :
Does it have the original Kluson pattern tuners stamped "DELUXE"?
What is the condition of the neck (straightness and fret life)?

Back