Tokai LS1000 30th Anniversary Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klanden

Reaction score
LS1000 on eBay. Currently ?750, no bids with under two days to go. It's not mine and I know nothing about that specific guitar or the seller, other than what is in the advert. However I do own one myself and love it - as do others that get to play it. I can't see me ever letting it go.

They are a similar spec to a 2007 LS150, I don't know if / how the current LS150's differ.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110575979104&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

As I say I don't know the seller or guitar so I suggest anyone looking to purchase contacts him to confirm make, model, spec and condition, but mine is spec'd as follows:

Made in Japan
LTD Edition (100 World Wide)
AAA Canadian Select Solid Maple Top
One Piece Solid Mahogany Back
Mahogany one-piece deep joint - Set Neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Pearl Crown Inlays and 30th Anniversary Abalone Insert at 12th Fret
Gotoh Custom PAF Pick ups
3 way toggle switch
2 Volume, 2 Tone Switch
Gotoh Vintage Type Bridge;
Aluminium Vintage Tailpiece
Nitro-Cellulose Finish
Tokai Plush Lined Hard Case Included

jacco said:
t.olsen said:
The original Reborn Old hardcase is already a precious item !

are you sure that's how a Reborn Old hardcase looks like?

No,I am not.I rather should say a precious item if it is a Reborn Old case

The case appears to be the standard case supplied with the LS1000's. I suspect his description (Plush "Reborn Old" hard case.) refers to the style, rather than its age.

klanden said:
The case appears to be the standard case supplied with the LS1000's. I suspect his description (Plush "Reborn Old" hard case.) refers to the style, rather than its age.

Not a fine style...he knows that people pay a few hundred for a genuine Reborn Old case and so,he declares the hardcase as one to get a better price... :roll:

Just checked my LS1000 case. On the plaque screwed to the outside of the case it states:

REBORN OLD
TOKAI
Electric Guitars
Tokai Gakki Co LTD

His case looks identical to mine. You can see the plaque on his case although the picture isn't large enough to read what's on it.

My case was supplied new with the Guitar in 2007, I assume his was too.

Looks to me as if he has put in his advert what it states on the case, which is reasonable. Although understandable, I don't think he's to blame for any mis-interpretation.

klanden said:
Just checked my LS1000 case. On the plaque screwed to the outside of the case it states:

REBORN OLD
TOKAI
Electric Guitars
Tokai Gakki Co LTD

His case looks identical to mine. You can see the plaque on his case although the picture isn't large enough to read what's on it.

My case was supplied new with the Guitar in 2007, I assume his was too.

Looks to me as if he has put in his advert what it states on the case, which is reasonable. I don't think he's to blame for any mis-interpretation.

Yes,if so I agree with you

Here's the case that came with my 2007 ES130, bought slightly used from a reputable forum member. It looks like the confusion/misleading name is Tokai's fault in this case.

es13003ay9.jpg

Mike

I just checked my LS1000 case, it says:
Reborn Old
Tokai
Electric guitar
Tokai Gakki

so this is regular LS1000 case, which was included with guitar
750 pounds is bargain

Diodibuh said:
750 pounds is bargain

Less than 2 hours til it ends and still 750 - that's a sensation :eek:
There was another LS1000 few weeks ago and went for much more

From my experience it's worth to ask for international shipping.I asked already sellers who wrote "do not ask-I will not ship to other countrys" and the answer was "no problem".I guess this one will not be very happy with his decision :lol:

Surely someone's going to buy it? :eek:

If I had money for guitars I'd consider sending it to my brother or a mate and just waiting for an opportunity to pick it up.

But I'm confused. Doesn't LS1000 imply their very top-of-the-line model? So shouldn't it have boutique pickups, and ebony board, and honduras back and neck?

Or is LS1000 just a designation for a special guitar?

The differences are here : http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11530

It is almost a LS150 but an interesting point is the rarity

I bidded(?) for that one, but it got away.

The good news is that I have just won the auction for the LS1000 on ebay today :D

Can't wait 8)

Back