anyone know anything about these love rocks?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastman1

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330421738110&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

saw on ebay

what can you tell me about this guitar?

jacco said:
in 2000 this was a LS-70F, this is a 2002 model though

There are a lot of differences between this and a regular Tokai. The lower bout is a different shape, the controls are in a different position and the headstock is different. These were apparently a short run USA model.

Mick

so not as good as a regular tokai? it says made in japan, but not as good? how does this compare with korean tokai? was this made in USA?

beastman1 said:
so not as good as a regular tokai? it says made in japan, but not as good? how does this compare with korean tokai? was this made in USA?

No, a Korean Tokai would have been made in Korea....

leadguitar_323 said:
jacco said:
in 2000 this was a LS-70F, this is a 2002 model though

There are a lot of differences between this and a regular Tokai. The lower bout is a different shape, the controls are in a different position and the headstock is different. These were apparently a short run USA model.

Mick

Ah, you are right! I was only using the specs, not looked at the pictures :oops:

so is this a dope guitar? a good les paul copy of a standard?

better than gibson epiphone? or a les paul studio?

Well, it isn't an exact copy of a standard; for instance because of the different shape of the body & headstock, sycamore veneer top and different placement of the knobs.
That doesn't say anything about the sound, it's still made in Japan by Tokai; that's good quality. I reckon you have won it because the bidding ended 2 days ago?

so this sounds like a les paul

I like my tokai goldstar so was lookin into these

beastman1 said:
so this sounds like a les paul

I like my tokai goldstar so was lookin into these

Yes it is going to sound like a LP but just look a bit different. The Japanese spec tokai's are vintage correct. The one you posted is a rare {not collectable} US model made in one batch as far as i know, if you want a correct LP clone then buy one of the Japanese spec guitars, they are almost exactly the same as the Gibson but better and thats what most people on here have.

Mick

Back