I don`t think so!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejeannot

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Goldstar-Sound-Guitar_W0QQitemZ250569123751QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item3a571567a7 Really? Gabe.

Probably a Richwood? And worth under ?100. Some ignorant sucker has already bid ?200 for it! Wonder how long it will be before they show their lovely new Goldstar off on here and ask us to date it?

Hmmm, looks like a 2008 model, probaly from the Northern part of China......

:roll:

Mike

Yes it does seem extremely dodgy. The Tokai decal though looks OK? This is a new area to me but are people really taking crappy chinese knock offs and replacing the decals?

I suppose to answer myself then if they can add a few hundred quid to the price by calling it a Tokai they will!

Dave

Well it is anything other than a cheap Chinese copy!

Yes it was cheap to buy but thats all thats cheap about them.

I have compared it side by side to an 2006 American Strat with its owner, and we both agreed it was very similar in quality, not as good as Tokai but wasn't a kick in the arse from the AM Strat.

Colin,

Many apologies if I offended you - I wasn't commenting upon your guitar (which I am rather jealous of and think looks the business!). Rather just responding to earlier posts about the original gold guitar on ebay. If someone gets it for ?200 and its genuine then they have a bargain!

Dave

No problem dave

No way is the guitar is a Tokai, I have a feeling the seller knows this and is trying to shift it on as a Tokai to get more money.

These anonymous guitars have no makers name on them or any other markings including nothing on the headstock.

I too contacted the seller with no reply or any change to the listing. The funniest part of the listing is the seller mentioning that it was handed down and still looks like new, could be something to do with fact it is nearly new

Well folks, it sold for ?285. :evil: I contacted the seller, & I know that others on here did too. I warned eBay, & I know that others on here did too. They did nothing.

I just phoned them, on the secret number that they try to keep hidden - 0845 355 3229. I am told that my reports of this being a fake, on 26th & 27th January are in a queue and haven't been read yet. I asked to speak to the department that should have dealt with my e.mails, but I was told that they don't take calls. I was told to write to them!

Write to the department that hasn't even read my e.mail of 5 days ago.....

What a bunch of incompetent w*****s! Somebody has been conned out of nearly ?300, & eBay doesn't even bother to read the warning e.mails.

Perhaps eBay provided the Captain for the Titanic? :evil:

If anyone else wishes to use the secret number above to phone eBay and complain about their negligence in the case of item number 250569123751, please feel free. It could be some kid who has bought that thing as their first decent guitar, & they have been badly let down by eBay. Useless t*****s!

I reported it too! It's a private auction so we can't even let the buyer know! Ebay should contact the buyer and tell him not to buy it, or return it if he already has, bet they dont!!

What's the point of having a system to report items that takes over a week when that's how long most of them are listed for? Maybe that's the point the whole thing is nothing more than lip service, the reality is they couln't care less!!

Mike if you have the time call them back and ask them to contact the buyer, tell them if they don't you will report them to the police for knowingly letting sales of counterfiet goods take place.

I tried that John - it's like talking to a f*****g wall! In fact, those were the words I used, so they cut me off for daring to use naughty language. Swearing is a far worse crime than conning people, apparently.

I`m sure JohnA is right about Ebay only paying lip service!I figure they`re delighted to let any transaction happen,they`re the real winners all of the time!!!!

There are many witnesses to this fraud and some of them will see rich pickings from dollying up a Chinese strat with an easily available Goldstar decal. On target profit after fees would be about ?150 I reckon.

Hats off to you Mike for sticking it to the man :lol:

You'll probably receive the stock corporate boiler plate from them in a few days :x

After congratulating the seller on the success of his scam, I received this from him:

Dear stratman323,

hello just for your information not that it concerns you the person who has won it is well aware of what it is, an i would appreciate busy bodies like yourself to not send me messages when it doesnt have anything to do with you

- 0153slater789

I suggested that he should complain to eBay about me if he was so offended.

CliffsComicWorld said:
The Point is...... That both parties are aware of the non legitimacy of the guitar? :eek:

Clearly - IF he's telling the truth. Since he described a Chinese fake as a genuine Tokai, his honesty is already in question.

Then you have to ask yourself - if somebody knew what it really was, why would they pay ?285 for something that could be bought elsewhere for under ?100?

He's lying through his teeth, just like he did when he continued with the auction after being told, several times, that it was a fake.

Back