Epi Japan LP Special Nitro (eBay)

Music stores and pawn shops where Tokai guitars have been spotted for sale. New or used.

Moderators: ian, ned

Post Reply
marcusnieman
Guitar God
Posts: 9105
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Epi Japan LP Special Nitro (eBay)

Post by marcusnieman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:25 pm

Found this on eBay. GREAT price includes free shipping. Brand new, limited production, Gibson headstock, nice heritage cherry and nitro finish - looks like he has 3 available on separate listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Japan-Les- ... 240%3A1318

Gasp100
Sus4add11
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: Delaware, USA

Post by Gasp100 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:58 am

Sounds amazing, almost too good to be true... It's not an Elitist, but the same level of craftsmanship? Hard to tell (or believe). Nitro finish, correct headstock... if it's the real deal I'll be buying one but I'd have to hear from other satisfied customers first. I have a post on TGP about these looking for more details. If anyone cares to chime in please do.
BTW - these ads have been running for some time now, so he's apparently had the same three guitars for a while now.

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:23 am

On eBay UK, the late 90s Gibson LP Specials usually sell for around ?400-?450, so the Epiphone would have to be a fair amount cheaper to make it good value, IMHO.

Mike

Rossi
Guitar God
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: uk

Post by Rossi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:31 am

Ditto :wink:

marcusnieman
Guitar God
Posts: 9105
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post by marcusnieman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:01 am

stratman323 wrote:On eBay UK, the late 90s Gibson LP Specials usually sell for around ?400-?450, so the Epiphone would have to be a fair amount cheaper to make it good value, IMHO.

Mike
Well I figured that minus $120 free shipping to the States, $559 USD is a pretty sharp price for what you're getting. I'd buy the Epi before I'd buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Spe ... 240%3A1318

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:13 am

Yeah that looks like mine - mine is a 1997 with P100s. If I'm in a LP mood, I usually pickup up my LS85S, not the Gibson. I'm not sure if the Gibsons are nitro or poly though - anyone know?

marcusnieman
Guitar God
Posts: 9105
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post by marcusnieman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:14 am

Gasp100 wrote:Sounds amazing, almost too good to be true... It's not an Elitist, but the same level of craftsmanship? Hard to tell (or believe). Nitro finish, correct headstock... if it's the real deal I'll be buying one but I'd have to hear from other satisfied customers first. I have a post on TGP about these looking for more details. If anyone cares to chime in please do.
BTW - these ads have been running for some time now, so he's apparently had the same three guitars for a while now.
There were four guitars when I first saw the ebay post. Then it was three when I sent it here - now there are two. I've bought guitars from Don at Bluzey before and they've all been as described.

Post your TGP link if you've gotten any replies.

marcusnieman
Guitar God
Posts: 9105
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post by marcusnieman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:38 am

stratman323 wrote:Yeah that looks like mine - mine is a 1997 with P100s. If I'm in a LP mood, I usually pickup up my LS85S, not the Gibson. I'm not sure if the Gibsons are nitro or poly though - anyone know?
My Gibson SG Classic with P90's is poly. My 61 reissue is nitro.

Post Reply