Fakai alert!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusnieman

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKAI-HOLLOWBODY-335-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-NEW_W0QQitemZ330252135450QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So what's with the crap on the headstock ?? Is this just a press on sticker ???
309kdb6.jpg

Lots of fake ones, which also brings down prices of real ones. Newly purchaced 2000 TJ-60 Now called the TJ-78 in great shape $450.00 Canadian or roughly 215.00 british pounds. Got it from the local classifieds. I consider it now a steal.

110vi47.jpg

I don't think anyone is saying that the authenticity of ALL Tokai's coming out of Canada is dubious - just be on your toes, do your homework and share pics and info BEFORE you pull the trigger on one. Nice junior brokentoes and a steal at that.

Collectively, we've all been able to identify not only the fakes but we've also been able to pinpoint a source location - well done, lads. That's what a forum like this should do.

Sending out a big thanx to the forum members to all their research and collectve knowledge without which I would have been quite in the dark about many a tokai question. <><><><>STRUM ON<><>><><>

Back