eBay Oz, Bad Penny

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratmoto

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-TOKAI-Love-Rock-Les-Paul-black_W0QQitemZ120250605126QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The guitar in the pics is clearly not MIJ 2007. This is the third time this item has been put up. I have reported the thing, twice.

I don't "need" another guitar.

Now tell me if i'm being paranoid

But has this seller copied photos from our listings?

48b2.jpg

88f3_1.JPG

Looks the same but appears as if the floor has been photoshopped?

Hmm

Same Pictures Rich

Go get em. Stealing Piccies is very naughty .

What a plonker.

marcusnieman said:
They edited out the grout lines between the tiles. Pattern is the same.

The reflection in the top of the guitar is eerily similar too.

Sorry I didn't recognise the tiles Richard, I'm more a chair and sofa spotter.

I wonder where they lifted the other, main, pic from? It is a completely different guitar.

Barstages :evil:

Not that it needs confirming - it's utterly self-evident, and there's a ton of sloppy clone brush artifacts on their copy of your picture - but just in case you need evidence, here's an animation of the two. All I've done is crop both pictures around the guitar, scale yours down and add them as two frames to an animation.

animtokai.gif

What I noticed is that there are pics of two different guitars in the ebay auction ... !!!!!!

Look at the headstock of that up-standing guitar = bell shaped TRC ...
The closer pic of the headstock says = 3 bolts on a bullet shape one ...
fake1.jpg

fake2.jpg

Roger

Oh Dear, who did that ! LOL !

Selling Fake Gibson / Tokai and stealing other sellers pictures. Tut tut ! Buyer: gibsonlegal ( 0 ) 22-Apr-08 22:10
BRAND NEW TOKAI Love Rock Les Paul-----black (#120250605126)

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=zhubabapwj&ftab=AllFeedback

Classic :D

It is a shame that the buyer did not check here first, because there is a high possibility that they will not recieve a Made in Japan guitar.

Oh well, it is a jungle out there. I guess being a legal person, they have a good chance of some kind of action being successful.

Them legal eagles play dirty. :D

So forum members are now happy to hear a Love Rock described as a "fake Gibson" are they? Hmmm, seems a bit inconsistent guys. :eek:

Mike

stratman323 said:
So forum members are now happy to hear a Love Rock described as a "fake Gibson" are they?
Mike
Did you hear that?
Me not!
But even thats not the point. Important is that an illegal auction has been disappeared!
Facts:
The Chinese Ebay seller zhuanyejishu( 435) and zhubabapwj( 7 ) are one and the same person.
In the first auction he offers a fake. In the second auction he offers a guitar which doesn't exist.
I'm quite sure that both ebay accounts will be cancelled ASAP

Latest posts

Back