3980$ for a LS320VF ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganzua

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-Love-Rock-LS320VF-Brazilian-Rosewood-Nice-MIJ_W0QQitemZ170192620621QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure about the three high models pricing of the current range. Is this quotation ok?

The selling price for a new one is around ?2499 in the UK....assuming you can get one.

He's asking approx ?2,108 for a used one inc delivery.

Not sure if there'd be any import tax or duty.

Can you see how old it is if it's only a year or two old it might be an ok buy?

?1600 odd in the UK is what i sold my last one for and that had a blinding top...

2005_0817_194713AA.jpg

Thanks for the answers :D

guitarslinger said:
Can you see how old it is if it's only a year or two old it might be an ok buy?

No, the seller only says that it is used. For a few bucks more you can get a used r9

I "tested the waters" with one of my LS320s, a CS (what ochay calls clown burst). She went for ? 2100.-- which is well below value.

An LS320 is above an R9 in both specs and quality.

Rup

ganzua said:
.... For a few bucks more you can get a used r9

You can't compare it with a R9.
That Tokai plays in another league. Much better specs. If a Gibbi would feature the same specs as a above Tokai, you would have to spend 30% more money as for a R9.

togps said:
ganzua said:
.... For a few bucks more you can get a used r9

You can't compare it with a R9.
That Tokai plays in another league. Much better specs. If a Gibbi would feature the same specs as a above Tokai, you would have to spend 30% more money as for a R9.

What specs are better?

rgrafend said:
actually Gibbo historics (the real ones) go for around ? 6000.--.

I was referring to these 59s. Sometimes you can find them for 4000-4500$ second hand.

Jose,

It?s nealy impossible finding an used LS-320 nowadays and if any appears then you?ll be asked that amount Koiz is asking(way too much for muself9.Also just remember that we spanish don?t earn so much money as a german or a UK people do....In fact no LS-380 at this time also...

EX-Villager LS-320 have the greates top I?ve ever seen in a LS-320,I love it.

LS-320 have really great specs I tell you.....

TOP  会社概要  東海楽器の歴史  SEB(sound effect body)  製品紹介  求人情報  問い合わせ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
東海楽器製造株式会社
?2006 TOKAI GAKKI All right reserved.
VF
BODY : AAAA Flame Maple Top
Honduras Mahogany One Piece Back
NECK : Honduras Mahogany One Piece
Set-Neck Deep Joint
Head Angle 18?
FINGERBOARD : Jacaranda
RADIUS : 300R
FRETS : 22F ♯213
SCALE : 625/312.5mm
BRIDGE : HLS-VB(Brass Saddle)Bridge
HLS-VT Aluminum TailPiece
TUNERS : Gotoh SD90-SL
NUT(width) : Bone(43.0mm)
INLAY : Dish(Amber Cell)
PICKUPS : J.M.Rolph?2
CONTROLS : 2V.,2T.,
3way Toggle SW
POT : CTS(Long Shaft)
SWITCH : Switchcraft
CONDENSER : Bumblebee
JACKS : Switchcraft
FINISH : All Lacquer
COLOR : CS,VF

Price : 399,000 yen(Include Tax)
With Hard Shell Case
Limited Edition
SEB PREMIUM VINTAGE STANDARD BASS ACOUSTIC Chromaharp Pianica ACCESSORIES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

}}Cue Ennio Moricone music{{

For a few dollars more...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2007-Gibson-Historic-1959-Reissue-Les-Paul-Greeny-R9_W0QQitemZ260210948486QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38086QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122

rgrafend said:
BODY : AAAA Flame Maple Top
Honduras Mahogany One Piece Back
NECK : Honduras Mahogany One Piece
Set-Neck Deep Joint
Head Angle 18?
FINGERBOARD : Jacaranda
RADIUS : 300R
FRETS : 22F ♯213
SCALE : 625/312.5mm
BRIDGE : HLS-VB(Brass Saddle)Bridge
HLS-VT Aluminum TailPiece
TUNERS : Gotoh SD90-SL
NUT(width) : Bone(43.0mm)
INLAY : Dish(Amber Cell)
PICKUPS : J.M.Rolph?2
CONTROLS : 2V.,2T.,
3way Toggle SW
POT : CTS(Long Shaft)
SWITCH : Switchcraft
CONDENSER : Bumblebee
JACKS : Switchcraft
FINISH : All Lacquer
COLOR : CS,VF

Aside Jaracanda and those pick ups, I think the Gibson 59ri has same specs; honduras mahogany, long tenon, bumblebees... plus burstbuckers 1&2.

villager said:
If I had another one in it would be priced at ?1750

..AFTER shipping and taxes......

Would you say that UK prices are higher in front of other countries prices?

How much would be a good deal for the new higher models LS250, LS370 and LS470?

I paid $3,000 for my 03 LS-320 VF a couple of years ago. At the time, I was seeing them go for around $2,700. But I loved the top, so I went ahead and paid a "premium". I can honestly say that I wouldn't sell it now for $4,000 or more. It is my #1 guitar by far. I've owned and played several Gibson Historics and none of them have come close to the tone and playability of the Tokai.

The one on ebay looks to be a 2000 (based on the serial number) and has a top and finish similar to mine. It looks to have some dings and scratches (one pretty significant), but it all looks like honest player wear. I don't know if $3,980 is too much, but I haven't seen too many for sale lately. If I were in the market for one, I'd probably make him an offer in the lower $3,000's and see where it went from there.

Someone asked if how the specs of the 320 are different than a Gibson 59 reissue. The fretboard is Brazilian rosewood, the pickups are Seth Lovers and the pots and caps are higher quality. If you find an R9 with a verified brazilian fretboard, it pretty much doubles the sale price. I've never been a fan of Gibson burstbucker pickups, and most people will swap out the pickups and electronics in an R9. No need to do that with a 320, the pickups are perfectly matched to the 320 (at least mine), and the electronics are already top quality. So to buy a Gibson with the same specs as the 320, you're probably going to pay somewhere in the $7 - 9,000 range, an you'll still probably need to swap out the electronics and pickups.

Here's a couple of pics of mine.

DSC03691.jpg

a8_3.jpg

currypowder said:
But I loved the top, so I went ahead and paid a "premium".

It looks great :D

currypowder said:
I've owned and played several Gibson Historics and none of them have come close to the tone and playability of the Tokai.

In what sense your tokai is more playable? is it lighter? is the neck better? better action?...

currypowder said:
Someone asked if how the specs of the 320 are different than a Gibson 59 reissue. The fretboard is Brazilian rosewood, the pickups are Seth Lovers and the pots and caps are higher quality. If you find an R9 with a verified brazilian fretboard, it pretty much doubles the sale price. I've never been a fan of Gibson burstbucker pickups, and most people will swap out the pickups and electronics in an R9. No need to do that with a 320, the pickups are perfectly matched to the 320 (at least mine), and the electronics are already top quality. So to buy a Gibson with the same specs as the 320, you're probably going to pay somewhere in the $7 - 9,000 range, an you'll still probably need to swap out the electronics and pickups.

Ok, we have brazilian fretboard and pickups.

I did know that people use to swap burstbucker1&2 but this set is my favourite set of humbuckers for a lp. :D

I need to be educated on brazilian fretboards; is it brazilian rosewood? why is it better?

Latest posts

Back