Need help - Burny / Fernandes RLG - ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burny2fernandes

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

a friend of mine offered me this beautiful Fernades/Burny Super Grade LP Model. Is there anybody who can help to identify this guitar? I just have the pictures in the link below. The capacitors and the bridge were replaced. At the moment i don't have pictures from the PickUps. I read the whole web ;-) but I'm really not shure, which year and which model it is. Espacially due to the Fernandes Logo. This seems to be very rare on Les Paul replicas. On the pictures I don't see, if there are 1, 2 or 3 pieces on the back. I just see, that the backside looks brilliant ... ;-)

Here are the pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yW23ksxWcuX1PJfY7

Thanks to everybody!

Sebastian

The truss rod cover shape says 1989 or later, probably up to 1993-94 after which copy production seems to more or less end for a few years. The models are few at that point, in fact, by 1991, only the RLG-70 remains. If it's 1989-90, it could be an RLG-90 as well, though they're rarer. No markings inside, like in the neck pickup rout? How many wood pieces in the back?
The backs of the pots look blank in the pics? If they are, it's a bit unusual, they normally have a date code. Are they original?
As for the Fernandes logo instead of Burny, some of them just have it, for unknown reasons. It seems connected with some export markets, they have a tendency to turn up more often in Australia, for instance. But afaik, it's the same guitars.

Latest posts

Back