Looking to have pickups filled and p90 routed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
A few months I saw a post here. Someone had a Burny that had humbuckers that was filled then routed for p90s. I just searched for 20 minutes or so and cannot find it.

Anyways, I have a FGN 20E Les Paul I am looking to have the same thing done on.

I am in Southern California USA. Anyone here have any ideas on where to start to look for someone to do this type of work? I mean almost any Luther can do the work. But my guy has done them before. Like filling a temolo Les Paul block to a regular ABR1 type setup. He fills the guitar. Then gives it to his finish guy. But he says if direct sun you can see the fill line. The post I saw here was perfect. Like perfect. Though I want to say it was in the EU or something.

Well, I am wondering it is probably better to look for a guitar builder to do this type of work then your regular set up Luther. Anyone have any tips on where to start looking?

I just bought this guitar for that reason. I own 4 of the FGN 20E guitars. They are great guitars. Much better than the $3500 USD custom Gibsons. Anyways, I contacted Tokai to make me one very similar this one. It is not going to be exactly but it would run around $3000 USD or so with the p90s in it. Anyways, I just got the 20E from Buyee for around $700 including SH. Plus maybe $500 or so for the work to be done puts me at $1,200 vs the Tokai price of $3,000 or so. Also, the FGN 20E is exactly what I am looking for. The Tokai might be close or a little different. So, I figure this is the best way to do this.

I did end up ordering a Gold Top LS1 R4 from Tokai a few weeks ago. But this one has been on the list for a year or so with the p90s. Then I came across a smoking deal the other day on Buyee and could not turn it away.

BTW here is the 20E

https://mi.fujigen.co.jp/collection/ser_neoclassic_nlc_nls.html

Mine are 2011 to 2013 models. Those models do not have the sharp point the one above has.I think they started doing the point in 2016 or so.

Always been a fan of Fujigen since I bought 2 Elites. Those 20e are beautiful. Hopefully the work done will be better than your expectations and be a real sound pleasure.

So, I shipped the guitar off the the guy doing the conversion. Here is a white LP he did the conversion for. He has done hundreds of the HB to p90 conversions.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BCR-Music-Sound-176454402425822/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1142975042440415

His wait time is several months. I will try to post pics when I get it back from him.

mdvineng said:
isn't this the perfect opportunity to buy another guitar :D

I was thinking the exact same thing :lol:

I see from the last post that 'BCR Greg' is getting the guitar for the 'fill' job.

Word on the street he is pretty good at repairing broken heads stocks too :)

I heard the same thing about Greg and headstock repairs. I have a Navigator Explorer that had some head problems. Not broken but not perfect. I had some guy fix it and re-paint the neck but he really messed up the paint job. It is a really great guitar and I might send that to Greg when I get the p90 LP back.

Back