Burny 335 RSA55

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All Burny's are MIC except for a few higher end models. So none are fake, this one is MIC.

Just to add, all NEW Burnys are MIC, a lot of the older ones are MIJ and a few MIK.

Don't let the fact it's Chinese put you off though, they really are very good indeed, IMO the Chninese Burnys are almost as good as the lower end Japanese Tokais, and certainly a lot better than the cheaper MIC Tokais. They are a good bit more expensive though

As far as I can tell from the Fernandes website the RLG-85 and RLC-85 are made in Japan but all the rest are made in China. It looks like the 105 is no longer.

New model brought to you by domestic "Japan Classic" production!
「Japan Classic」国内製造による、高品質なニュー・モデル登場!!
http://www.fernandes.co.jp/products/burny_guitar.html

it looks like its an MIJ... i clarified with him when i tried it... rings like a bell and its craftsmanship is impeccable, also it has the red sticker inside of the guitar " Fernandes Guitars, Tokyo Japan" he bought it 6 years ago from a japanese collector, he cant recall the exact date but says it comes from the early 1990s any other last things b4 i grab this baby?

That sticker is also found on MIC Burny's. Don't let him fool you. A 1990s MIJ Burny doesn't have a serial number at the back of the headstock. Why is he hiding this on the pics?
Still: if it's good, buy it. Only not for MIJ money.

how would a MIJ would be Diff from MIC? i really like the feel of it but i can tell that the Ibanez RG550ltd that im trying out sounds much better

Not much; depends on which MIJ Burny model. Some have maple neck, some maho neck, all have maple front & back. The earlier (80s) RSA100s have VH1s & nitro finish. That kind of stuff. MIC Burny's have the center block construction.

I know this one, I almost bought it myself on YJ this year.
That's a 1993 MIJ Burny alright but not a 100 as advertised but an 80 (100s were discontinued in 1990).

i have a weird analogy that those guitars on9 are like "good?" i mean why post something which sounds so "LOVELY" and u dont wanna keep it?? are these on9 guitars like the rotten stock of like the high end stuff? i mean gibbys and fenders and all other companies bound to have a few of their models to not as good maybe cuz of wood of sumting so if it was that good why wouldnt it be snapped up at a local music store?

JohnA said:
Just to add, all NEW Burnys are MIC, a lot of the older ones are MIJ and a few MIK.

Don't let the fact it's Chinese put you off though, they really are very good indeed, IMO the Chninese Burnys are almost as good as the lower end Japanese Tokais, and certainly a lot better than the cheaper MIC Tokais. They are a good bit more expensive though

ALL new Burnys are NOT made in China. Tokai still makes the high end models. Or they were as late as 2004.

jacco said:
That sticker is also found on MIC Burny's. Don't let him fool you. A 1990s MIJ Burny doesn't have a serial number at the back of the headstock. Why is he hiding this on the pics?
Still: if it's good, buy it. Only not for MIJ money.

He's hiding the serial number because scammers use these pics of his guitar to sell fraudulently on ebay.

However it looks like it starts with "FG" which means it is MIChina.

Could be a great guitar. Can you play it first?

well it does sound nice but im planning to get a mij one, it appreciates over time so if i die die really have to sell it i can get sum buck back rather than 10$

Latest posts

Back