help to id burny super grade ,,,,, is this a rlg 90 ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muccax

Reaction score
hi
just pick up this burny ,,,, and i am thinking it is a rlg 90 from the late 80 :D :D .... has FEB and what looks like early VH1 pickups :D :D
look here
http://imageevent.com/chingo123/october2010/burnysgradelpssb5505
all the best
otto

Hello otto,
Nice burny ,I think it is a bit earlier that late 80s,Going by the lower script logo ,yes,but the truss rod cover is the cover burny used a few years before.also they look like mk1 version original VH1s.
I am guessing that it is a very early transition RLG-90 maybe one the last before they changed the TRC and logo placing!!
It could be late 1986 model before the winged version TRC appeared..It is a rlg-90 ,nice score ,congrats...
I have two RLG-90S from 84/85 with early VH1s ,silver bottoms,braided wire...Do you have any control cavity photos ,i am guessing it will have grey PIO caps...Nice :D

MOJO HOBO

hi
no fotos of the control cavity yet ,,, is on it way from japan :D :D
looks pretty clean ,,,,, and no heelcap :D :D
cant wait to get my hands on it :D :D :D
i got a rsg with early VH1 pickups a angus young model ....so now i can compare them :D :D
all the best
otto

hi
and it is only 4.05 kg :D :D :D hope it is a one piece body :D :D :D
cant wait to play it :D :D
all the best
otto

yes .... i think all flg/rlg 90 have veneer top ,,, :D :D
i know some people hate a veneer top but i dont mind :D :D :D
and i know this is a quality guitar :D :D
i also got a flg 90 from 1980 a terada made one ,,,,, and i love it ,,,,
got it from nils bro m?ller ,,, i come from denmark too :D :D
all the best
otto

Hey Otto, Nice one! Hadn't been around in awhile. Looks like a later RLG-90 to me also. Only differnce from mine is, wiring channel route is different. Mine's vertical. :) That one has a winged TRC, I noticed RLG-90's, still being featured in the catalogs in 1990.

Back