Post cancelled

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got a guitar you like but,hype is in your mind. I tend to judge guitars individually, not by brand name. :D

I love both of ?em!

DARKBURSTS-EdwardsE-LP-98LTS2007BUR.jpg

WOW!MOJOBURST,Looks like those two are making luvvvveee!
That picture is utterly jaw dropping,fantastic detail :eek:
Worthy of the 1st MADE IN JAPAN calender,woopps!I just had an idea! :p Copyright protected already,fellas!
Ian is talking about a TOKAI book ,i reckon a MADE IN JAPAN calender.

MOJO HOBO

Udonitron said:
Chinese made vs. vintage Japan!? Noooo...

:roll:

I've played some vintage MIJ Les Pauls that were dogs and weighed like a piece of furniture compared to my Edwards - I'm more about how it plays and sounds than where it's assembled. In fact, my Edwards is a better sounding guitar than my Reborn.

Oh boy come on :-? ...I know that man lol! However comparing Fujigen or Matsumoku made instruments from the late 70's and the 80's, I would choose MIJ every time, personally. I will own an ESP at some point but it will be an Navigator 1st and foremost...there is a reason those are still MIJ and by hand vs. China :wink:

MIJ vs. MIC? A never ending battle? Some selected MIC-instruments can rival the goodies from the golden era of japanese classical copys/repros of the american all-time-faves. The end-?70s/early-?80s MIJ?s are the 'good OLD stuff' / oldtimers, Edwards LP?s for example are the 'NEW BREED'. Both are good instruments. It?s your decision to order a Plymouth Roadrunner from 1968 or a BMW M5 made in 2005. Both of ?em burn the road like hell. A matter of taste.
I like both sides of the story. For example (and for the calender :wink: ):

1980 ARIA pro II LS-600 P cherry sunburst & 2004 EDWARDS E-LP-90 DP
BigEdsMojotopsguitar-weekendMIJ--5.jpg

BigEdsMojotopsguitar-weekendMIJ--6.jpg

2 totally different guitars, but both are awesome and (slightly modified to my individual taste) brilliant instruments! I?ll keep ?em for a lifetime!

You hopefully enjoyed the images.

@ MOJO HOBO: THANX-a-lot for the flowerpot!

All the best,
Ralf

Back