bought a EGF-1200 !!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you villager,you are a great source when it comes to these great guitars...Do you have any idea on total production numbers for the 1200 Super Reals??

And are the necks really giant fat size necks? or are they more like a Historic '58 or '59 size? fat but not too fat?

either way she's comin'...can't wait to see her..

all the ones I have had are huge necks...

no firm idea on production numbers sorry...

I heard the EGF-1800 was made to order like the LS-200 so in the 2 years theres not going to be so many...

Hey villager,Happy New Year! Wow,Man, she is sweet!! I really think this might be the best Les Paul I've ever played...This one has been played alot so it has alot of "aging" which is really cool,it's nice not having to worry about banging her around,great tone acoustically and plugged in the Dry Z's have a killer sound,and the neck size is great too,it's chunky but it has the "rolled binding" alittle less shoulder than my Gibson 57RI had,feels better,I'm in love with the honey burst top too,I can just sit and look at her all day long...but then I can't go that long without playing her..lol.......anyway,I do believe this one is a keeper and I don't usually say that much!!

it's been almost 4 years now and my opinion hasn't changed at all!
:D still the best I have played...

MVC-002F.jpg

LarryC said:

MVC-002F.jpg

Are you sure this is your guitar ? Looks exactly like my 1200 as well :lol:
Keep on enjoying your Greco ! It took me some months to adapt my fingers to the neck especially compared with my thin OBG neck but today I do not feel a difference anymore.

LOL thanks.
yeah it's mine.I can tell by the non original pickguard :cry:

LarryC said:

Compared to what?

Sorry, just need a bit of context for such an effusive endorsement.

compared to the Les Pauls I have owned.

previously I have owned a Gibson 71 Deluxe,77 Deluxe,'83 Anniversary Goldtop,
CS '57 reissue,CS '68 reissue Les Paul Custom,and some other various other copy Les Pauls including Arias,Grecos.

I sold the '57 reissue to get the EGF-1200,wasn't sure at the time but I like the Greco better.
sounds better,plays better,looks betterwhat else is there? :D

LarryC said:
compared to the Les Pauls I have owned.

previously I have owned a Gibson 71 Deluxe,77 Deluxe,'83 Anniversary Goldtop,
CS '57 reissue,CS '68 reissue Les Paul Custom,and some other various other copy Les Pauls including Arias,Grecos.

I sold the '57 reissue to get the EGF-1200,wasn't sure at the time but I like the Greco better.
sounds better,plays better,looks betterwhat else is there? :D

I agree with Larry I have sold my Gibbys too. 1973 Custom, 1976 Deluxe, 1977 Standard, 1980 Heritage Standard 80, and list list goes on and on.... That's right I even sold my highly regaurded 1980 Heritage Standard 80 !!!

Hey Cliff :wink: I am not up to date regarding your electrics.Do you own another 1200 or 1800 in the meanwhile ? Any new MIJs ?

LarryC said:
didn't Cliff go acoustic?

That's my reason for asking.I think he missed his Grecos immediately after they were sold...and I have something in my mind that he bought some Dry Zs a while ago - perhaps for his acoustics :lol:

t.olsen said:
LarryC said:
didn't Cliff go acoustic?

That's my reason for asking.I think he missed his Grecos immediately after they were sold...and I have something in my mind that he bought some Dry Zs a while ago - perhaps for his acoustics :lol:

Ohhhhh the pressure is on..... The Greco Family Photo coming soon!

Latest posts

Back