Why would an 84 mint collection have a 450 sticker

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think MC do have a sticker behind the headstock.
Price and model is written on a tag:
5692470104_d89d016757.jpg

Well it has an open O Logo and a 450 sticker on he back. I think maybe the 450 is a sticker added later by someone? Maybe a price or something?

It's quite common that MC models have a sticker on the back of the headstock. I think they all had it, but as it is a sticker, it's quite easily removed. That's an EG59-45 Mitch.

hi
i got a 1982 solid top eg450 ... in black ,,, no FEB ,,, but a very good guitar,,, long tenor ,,, i really like it ,,,
i have had a super real with a chambered body ,,, i did not like that one :eek:
dont think you can go wrong with a solid top greco from 1982
very good guitars ,,,
all the best
otto

THis ones an 84 I also have an 84 59-50. Which is extremely light. The 45 is just over 9 pounds feels like. I had the 50 Pek'd and set up by Joe Glaser in nashville. It now feels and sounds amazing. I bet it doesn't weigh 9 pounds yet it is solid. The Chambered Super Real sounds AMAzing as well but needs a fret job and Plek. It's actually slightly heavier than the 59-50 which is solid. i think once I spend the money on the Super real it will be my favorite out of the 3 but it's not fair to have a favorite as they are all amazing. I have 3 Bacchus for sale. 2 have Ever tune bridges one does not. I have a Live Road Gold Top that I had Plek's and set up by Joe Glaser as well and its an incredible guitar. I prefer the Greco necks though. So selling all the Bacchus. i hope I don't kick myself for doing that. I still want to try a Burny. And a Tokai.

I just bit the bullet and dropped off the Super Real Standard to be completely tweaked by Joe Glaser. Fret board needs leveling slightly, frets have to come out, new frets put in and then a Plek job and set up. The works. It will come back playing better than it ever has. :>) I get these old guitars in unplayable condition and I turn them into fire breathing mosters and it's like they are screaming at me THANK YOUUUUUU!! It does end up costing me a fortune but it's still less than buying a Gibson which I would never do. Unless the company is sold again and bought again by someone I like. Then maybe.. But probably not. Just know if I'm ever selling a guitar it's absolutely maxed out and plays and sounds the best it ever could. I'm extremely picky like that and all my guitars are tweaked to perfection. And every one of my Greco's is in top shape. As are my Bacchus. I'm also selling a Hamer Artist that I've had since 2000. Amazing guitar. I have no idea what it's even worth I guess I'll find out. Joe Glaser for those of you that don't know is the guy that restored Peter Frampton's famous 3 pickup Les paul after it was returned to him from the plane crash. He also is the tech for Keith Urban, Vince Gill and countless others. Almost all the top Nashville session players. Once a guitar has been through his shop it's maxed out. And all of mine have. It's hard to sell a guitar once it's been through his shop. But I just have too many and I find you can only play one at a time. Such a drag.. ;>)

Hi Mitch, nice to see you going with the Grecos. As much as I like Bacchus I am partial to the Mint Collections and kept a couple when I left Japan, including this one, an EG60-150 from 1982. Weighs in at under 8.5 lbs.

The nice thing for early Mint Collection guitars is that the EG59-45/50s are not that different of a guitar from the EG60-150 aside from a few extra pieces of wood and different pickups. All solid tops and some nice lumber.

Is 84 considered to be early? I guess within 2 years. They are both 84's 59-50 is so light the guys at Glaser questioned if it was really mahogany. I assured them it was. The 59-45 is fairly heavy for a Greco by far the heaviest I own. It's about the same as the Duke just over 9 pounds I would guess. Yours is beautiful. I have a sunburst but it's an unknown. Great guitar though. 3 piece top though but really great. It's the guitar I played at Firefest an on tour in 08 so it's the guitar on the Live DVD and the new live CD that's coming out. It sounds cracked when you knock on the back of the neck and it had major issues when I got it but I worked hard on it and had it plekd and it's a moster now It doesn't have the growl of the latest 3 I just got though. I'm surprised at how big and tonefull the Super Real sounds as it's chambered and just has the PU 2's in it. In a about a week I'll get it back from Glaser and it should be amazing. I hope so. It felt a bit odd as it had some really worn frets and the frets where sort of going a different direction then the fretboard. Someone who didin't know what they were doing tried to work on the frets. So they gotta go. I am hoping when I get it back it will feel amazing as I know it will sound even better than it did.

So I bought the 59-45 to be evertuned as I'm selling my 2 bacchus with the evertune in it. I'm struggling though pulling the trigger to do it. BUt that is why I bought it. I figured get the least expensive one that still is good so I like it and do he evertune. But it's a little heavy for live. I wish it was a little lighter at least. Everytune actually adds a little weight so that isn't good. Hum,, I'm struggling with the decision.

Latest posts

Back