I need a bass! Help.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Malloy

Reaction score
My favorite bass I've ever heard and played is a 1973 Fander P bass alder body with a maple board. Can anyone help make a suggestion of what I could get in a Greco that would make me happy? Or a Tokai or a Fernandes. I know very little about the Vintage basses. What years are good what the model name whats bad etc? I need it right away.. Thanks

Mitch

One of the best Greco bass is the 1979-1981 PB700 Super Real:

DSC_0675.jpg

There is actually one for sell:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Greco-...pt=Guitar&hash=item27c778e4da#ht_21454wt_1163

There is also the JB800 Super Real:

dsc0748j.jpg

Seems way too much. I can get a vintage Fender for less than that. Not that I would buy a vintage Fender again cause I won't but that's too much I think. I saw those many weeks ago. But thanks.. :>) Also that looks like Ash I prefer Alder.

I had an original '74 Fender P. Bass which I loved, but after I bought my 1980 Tokai VSB80, I let it go. The Tokai had an identical neck to the Fender, a very similar feel and weight, but with the Precision and Jazz p/up configuration is way more versatile, and more to the point about 35% of the value of the Fender. The older, higher spec'd Tokai Hard Puncher models are great too!

Tokai basses are very good Mitch, I would try to get a PB-60 for example.

Ok, I also need a nut for the tone pot on a 84 Greco mint Collection. Any ideas?

Back