Super Real Limited Edition?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best buckers since the real PAF!

I have three of those limited. They all sound sweet!

Maybe because it's a 3 piece top. I don't know what the model designation would be for a Limited Edition but it basically means it's a EG500 with poly finish. Not worth 80.000 yen I guess.

jacco said:
Maybe because it's a 3 piece top. I don't know what the model designation would be for a Limited Edition but it basically means it's a EG500 with poly finish. Not worth 80.000 yen I guess.

I quite like the top, even with the 3 pieces, but it's the back I can't work out. If that was one piece, then I'd be pretty interested - any ideas?

The T-Tops are easily worth Dry-Z money, say 40k, so 40k for a EG-500, is yeah, I guess, a bit much. I'd hope it would be better than an EG-500 if it's a limited edition of 50, but then again, that's a good way to sell some lower end guitars at a premium! :lol:

JVsearch said:
jacco said:

I quite like the top, even with the 3 pieces, but it's the back I can't work out. If that was one piece, then I'd be pretty interested - any ideas?

The T-Tops are easily worth Dry-Z money, say 40k, so 40k for a EG-500, is yeah, I guess, a bit much. I'd hope it would be better than an EG-500 if it's a limited edition of 50, but then again, that's a good way to sell some lower end guitars at a premium! :lol:

My thoughts are that if a 1980 EGF-1800 has a 2 piece back, I can't imagine that a 1980 EG-500 has a one piece back.

jacco said:
JVsearch said:
jacco said:

My thoughts are that if a 1980 EGF-1800 has a 2 piece back, I can't imagine that a 1980 EG-500 has a one piece back.

Yeah, good point. I'll forget about it I guess, because it will be nigh on impossible to pin down exactly what it is.

jacco said:
JVsearch said:
jacco said:

One of my 1800's has a three piece back.

Two of my Limited has one piece and one two piece.
All three of them are finished in nitro.

Its all cheapy cheapy no matter the model number when it really comes down to it.

Koubayashi said:
Its all cheapy cheapy no matter the model number when it really comes down to it.

I don't understand what you mean by that?

Interesting though; so limited editions are finished in nitro and can have a one piece back..

Koubayashi said:

BTW Do you mean the ones that have 'Limited Edition' on the headstock or the 'limited' fretboard inlay?

jacco said:
Koubayashi said:

I don't understand what you mean by that?

Interesting though; so limited editions are finished in nitro and can have a one piece back..

EGF1800 with 2-3 piece back, EGF850 in poly finish, EGF1200 with Indian rosewood etc.
The catalogues says one thing but reality doesn't agree.

Why pay top money for a Super Real if its not really a top guitar?

jacco said:
Koubayashi said:

BTW Do you mean the ones that have 'Limited Edition' on the headstock or the 'limited' fretboard inlay?

The Std has "limited edition" on the headstock and the Customs don't.
Mine are finished in nitro.
Reasonable guitars but the pickups is what you want from them.
By far the best humbuckers since the late 50's.

Koubayashi said:
jacco said:
Koubayashi said:

Just for me, so I do understand:
The Limited Edition guitars you have and are talking about do have this silk screened on the headstock. These are the 1979 pre runners to Super Real series, right?
The guitar in this thread is a different one for it is a Super Real form 1980 with 'limited' in the fretboard inlay and is a limited edition because of the T-tops.

jacco said:
Koubayashi said:
jacco said:
Koubayashi said:

Just for me, so I do understand:
The Limited Edition guitars you have and are talking about do have this silk screened on the headstock. These are the 1979 pre runners to Super Real series, right?
The guitar in this thread is a different one for it is a Super Real form 1980 with 'limited' in the fretboard inlay and is a limited edition because of the T-tops.

Ah, didn't think about those pre-SR, sorry mate.
I have the Super Real limited with "Mounted Gibson Pickups".

T tops, depends if they're stickered or stamped on final value.

I'm surprised no ones bought it yet, it's been up since like April.

thread is useless without these,
5813.jpg

3739.jpg

bf1e.jpg

666666.jpg

Even if it was one piece top I would not pick this one.
Top isn't very "attractive" for such price hehe
Tastes~

Udonitron said:
Yeah this has been listed over an dover again. 3 piece top...just limited due to Gibson pickups...not worth 80K IMO

You're probably right about the price, but it's worth remembering that people don't seem to mind 3 piece tops when they're on a Tokai Reborn - somebody paid 90k for a Reborn with a 3 piece top!
Yes the top is very plain but at least it's a solid top, and the colour is nice.

In a way, I'd quite like to have a LP with a 3 piece top just to try and see if there's any effect from it.

This one is good for Slash fans though!

Latest posts

Back