How do you read this serial number?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyaquanet

Reaction score
Can any one help me with the year this Greco LP was made?
Thanks!
More pics at http://www.guitargai.com/html_folder/gai_otherBA5.html#

IMG_2436.jpg
[/url]

Thanks,
I understand its hard to date some Grecos so I wanted to ask eveyone. I was told it was an 85?

I added more pics of it in my first post. Any info would be great!

Thanks but can you guys explain how your reading it? I looked at the Wikipedia info but I don't see any serial numbers like this one. The seller has it listed as a 85?

I'll be glad to return the favor with into on Gibson, Fender, Gretsch and Rics but I don't know much about Greco's.
Check out my site at http://johnnyaquanet.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

To watch the Wikipedia-Info in?t enough, you need to READ it!! Then you?ll find all you need!

The first format is MYYPPPP.

* M = production month (A=January B=February ... K=November L=December).
* YY = year (79=1979).
* PPPP = production number.

The second format is YPPPP.

* Y = year (9=1979 0=1980 or 1990).
* PPPP = production number.

Sometimes a month letter is used in an MYPPPP format.

The height of the price depends on type of model, specs, rarity, collectibility, condition, looks & how much you want it.
I would want to know if the guitar is competely original and what model it is. After 1991 there are no LP models in the Greco catalog to be found. Pics of the inside of the controls cavity, pickup cavities and pickups would help.

I was looking at that "Cherry Sunburst" Greco Les Paul a while back. Jim, the Guitargai, says it weighs 8.5lbs. That's a nice weight. The "honeyburst" Greco Les Paul that he has - which, by the way, I believe is also an 1995 - weighs in at 10.5 lbs. Both are nice looking guitars. I asked and Jim wasn't sure if they are solid or veneer top, if that's important to you.

Latest posts

Back