Anyone Have a 1982 Greco Catalog?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIJvintage

Reaction score
Still searching for a 1982 Greco catalog ..........
............ still don't know :-? what model number this fine 1982 Mint Collection gold top is ............

http://tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10931&sid=30b253e64b1deda87199e289b67f4144

......... anyone? .............................

thanks for that; I've been to that sucky web site B4 & they want people to pay a fee for looking at something :lol: ..............

I'd rather not know what I have than to pay for something like that ..................

Hello rich,I have a GRECO mint collection special note catalogue from 1983 VOL 15
Going by the specs on the back ,only two gold tops were produced .The EG56-came with HOT-LICK X2(P90s) ,2-PIECE ? something in japanese..

The other was the EG57-50 which came with SCREAMING 82s x2 ,again 2-piece ?I guess back ..

So it looks like that lovely Gt is eg57-50,Not conclusive though,as 1982 was a transition year...

MOJO HOBO

What year is this one? any good?

http://www.grecoed.com/catalogues%20pdf/Mint%20Collection%20&%20Metaliz.pdf

DaveWW said:
What year is this one? any good?

http://www.grecoed.com/catalogues%20pdf/Mint%20Collection%20&%20Metaliz.pdf

don't know what year it's from ........................

on the 4th page, the 7th model is listed as an EG57-50 with a MSRP of 50,000 yen .............

I think Brian mentioned that his '82 gold top had a 500 sticker aka EG/50 grade

EG57-50 is probably it; seems like the best bet going right now .............

grazie mille :) ........

weird how the channel routing has the 'correct' angle from the control route to the switch route on this 50 grade EG gold top, when my EG59-70 (which is supposedly a higher grade) has the 'incorrect' route path/angle :-?

the tenons & the serial number formats are however the same :-? :-?

MIJvintage said:
I think Brian mentioned that his '82 gold top had a 500 sticker aka EG/50 grade

EG57-50 is probably it; seems like the best bet going right now

Rich.. I think you have the same '82 model as me. Mine looks just like this one (which I believe is yours?) and has the "500" rectangular sticker on the headstock back. %$$@@ amazing guitar!

grecogtout2.jpg

Brian, yep, that's her :D and she's one Hell of a gold top.
funny thing it's the best 'old wood' Standard I have, and it's not a plain top :lol:
this is just an amazing Les Paul, way better & way beyond the grade it was made to represent ...........
Grecogoldtop11-3.jpg

Is the screw spacing on the "newer" Mint Collection TRC's the same as The Super Real bell shape ones?

TRC screw spacings on all of the 1980 SRs to 1989 MCs that I have owned are the same

same as Burnys too; I have put several of the 'correct' style Burny covers on some SRs & some MCs ..........

Latest posts

Back