EGF-1200 The wait is over!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakehips

Reaction score
Already posted on Japanaxe (given its a Greco), but thought some may be interested here. I won't repeat myself, other than to say it's an absolutely fanatstic axe and everything I'd hoped it would be - amazing!

Here's a pic...I'll spare you the one of me posing with it posted on Japanaxe!

GrecoEGF-12004.jpg
[/img]

More pics etc to follow on the website...

Against my better judgement, and with apologies for any trauma my image may cause...

Me2.jpg

Just let that be a warning to you - 'EGF Face'- it's not pretty

Nice!
Smells like high serial number 1981 or even 1982?
Do I see a alu tailpiece?
And when you turn the bridge the right way :wink: , see if it says "FGB 8001 BRIDGE".
Looks like my brass bridge. Check if it is magnetic or not.
Nice!

DNS said:
Nice!
And when you turn the bridge the right way :wink: , see if it says "FGB 8001 BRIDGE".
Nice!

When a guitar is as nice as this one are these details really important? I'm sure we spend more time worrying about the stamps in our pickup cavities than we do playing :wink:

For the record, it's an '81 serial number

I haven't had the strings off yet to look at the bridge. I didn't know there
were different bridges between EGF1200 years/periods. Apart from the logo (I like the '81 version) and the non-dowel tenon, are there other
differences too ?

...but yes John A, the playing's the thing...it's just when we're not playing such details are substitute interest/distraction...of sorts...

BTW - just put a new EGF page on my site with some more (temporary) pics.

JohnA said:
DNS said:
Nice!
Nice!

When a guitar is as nice as this one are these details really important? I'm sure we spend more time worrying about the stamps in our pickup cavities than we do playing :wink:

What?
Is it important to you not to reveal this kind of info?
Very strange comment indeed. :eek:

DNS said:
What?
Is it important to you not to reveal this kind of info?
Very strange comment indeed. :eek:

I just think it's strange when someone posts a pic of there new guitar that quite often the first question isn't 'whats it sound like' or 'what's it play like' its 'if you remove the neck pickup are there any markings'

Yes, these things are of interest, but I think we can sometimes lose sight of the fact it's primarily a guitar, for playing.

JohnA said:
Yes, these things are of interest, but I think we can sometimes lose sight of the fact it's primarily a guitar, for playing.

Not always - some people buy to collect :)

twinfan said:
JohnA said:

Not always - some people buy to collect :)

Yep, it's a mindset thing - I'm a player and will always ask questions related to that first. But, I'm fascinated by these axes in terms of their background, history, cratftsmanship, material quality and the motivations of those who built the top end examples. As I wrote, if I can't get to play it, I'm quite happy to learn more about it in the meantime. Hey, it keeps me out of trouble! However...it can go all too far if we start obsessing over every last detail as though it really matters - interesting yes certainly...important? No.

Details like that can be very interesting to new buyers. Like when looking for original parts etc ... :)
So please post all the details, if I find one in the future i want to buy I will come back to this thread and learn :)

Latest posts

Back