Honeyburst Super Real. Only EGF 1200?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNS

Reaction score
I've read the EGF 1200 only came in honeyburst. Was there any other Super Real model available in honeyburst. Which ones? :p
Tinted binding on all honeyburst?
Is the neck binding "rolled off" on all Super Real models or only 1200 -> up?

1800 and 2500, CHSB, TBB, VSB
only honeyburst for 1200,
1000 CHSB and very rarely TBB
850 CHSB and honeyburst.

the bindings not tinted its just old and dirty heh..

all binding on 850 1000 and 1200 is the same..

Ok!
Thanx.
Then I still dont know whether I have a 1200 or a 850..
One Dry 1982, the other (or both.. :( ) changed (Ibanez super 58). No aluminum foil in electronics compartment.
I've always thought it was a lower end model because of the subtle flames, and the dry was an upgrade. But now I've seen 1200's with subtle flames so I'm not so sure anymore..
Is the stoptail aluminum on 850?
I'm gonna check the soldering on the Dry..

Yes I know. I'ts a "transitional" Super Real with open o logo. serial no. 2 003x. So if the Dry 1982 is original its early. Or should it have a DRY Z for sure?

I have not got a camera around. I'll get back.
Which part specifically would you want to see?
I have got a vague glue spot where the sticker was, but thats even hard to see IRL.

what color would this 1980 EGF-850 be, CHSB or honeyburst?
It really doesn't look like either but rather looks more tea burst...........
EGF-850color.jpg

villager said:
i would like to see the top and the headstock logo,

That I would be able to do with my cellphone..
Wait a minute.

it really doesn't have what little red spectrum that showed up in the photo, more of a brownish look

did you mean Brock burst?
It can't be a broke burst because I still had money in my pockets after I bought it :lol:

It's refretted by the way, with signs of lost fret edge bindings.

Two and a tiny little piece on the lower bout..that makes three doesn't it? :oops:
That might be a give away.. time to stop struggeling maybe.

Yep 3 piece back would be an EGF850, my EGF850 has a 3 piece back too, but remember, that Greco EGF Super Real used only the best woods, so, they would have used 3 pieces of premium Mahogany, instead of 2 pieces of a less quality....for that particular model.

Mick

Latest posts

Back