burny ace frehley 3 pick-up lp copy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibnose

Reaction score
Does anyone know when these guitars were made? 3 pups uncovered (assuming they are vh-1) fret edge binding, 2 screw bell shaped truss rod cover, 2 piece maple cap nicely grained and book matched, nitro (?) finish, pearloid gotoh tuners, cherryburst finish, speed knobs, and fretboard looks like rosewood but is darker than my OBG. I see Villager's name cited as the man with the information, so Villager if you can help that's much appreciated.
kind regards
Ibnose

Here are some pics of the Burny
osoyoos178-1.jpg
osoyoos175.jpg

osoyoos172.jpg
osoyoos174.jpg

osoyoos173.jpg
osoyoos171.jpg

Can someone determine some info for me from these pics?
much thanks
Ib

Similar to Greco EG-800 3 pickups.Late '70s made by Fuji Gen Gakki. I guess these were called FLG-100 III. But... after seing the pic carefull it would be late 80??s-early 90?s.Please add more pics,I?d like to see the back and the headstock (front and back) closer...

I'd say my EG-800PR '78 looks better! :D

Headstock here has a plastic kinda feeling, maybe it's just the photos. Or then it's all that chrome.

Here are a few more shots
guitars007.jpg

guitars008.jpg

guitars009.jpg

guitars010.jpg

guitars011.jpg

osoyoosagain179.jpg

Looking for any help dating this guitar--many thanks

I,for one,am jealous
Headstock here has a plastic kinda feeling, maybe it's just the photos. Or then it's all that chrome.
Pearloid button ALWAYS look plasticy....but I really like the look of the Burny

Late 80?s-early 90?s RLG model because a 3 pieces back and a not really diamond logo on headstock.I guess this being 90?s as far as I don?t see this model in the catalogues I have-... Does anyones have any 90-99 catalogue and can send to em any copy or scan it?I would send what I have....

I remember this guitar poping in japanese shops some time ago...

Ibnose, here's a link to thread with some pics of my jewel if you want to compare yours to '78 Greco EG-800PR.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6196

Hi Jouk I saw that thread while searching awhile back. Your guitar is a beauty. Unfortunately, my camera is a 3 megapixel and doesn't show the clarity of my guitar but it definitely shines like yours. So the headstock looks plastic but its the camera's inability for high def. Does anyone know when they STOPPED making these guitars? A catalogue would be the best, but I assume there must have been a production run. Thanks much to all those who have helped me put together a bit of history.
cheers

Some additional information: vh-1 pups in neck and centre postion, sh-1 in bridge ( also says Gotoh pickups above the sticker ) and what appears to be this serial number 10207.
stillmoreguitars021.jpg

stillmoreguitars022.jpg

Can anyone decipher the serial number? I would have thought it was a "t" but perhaps is a one. I hope you can read the number.
thanks

Back