Help identifying flying V

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiplash

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I got this Flying V really cheap about 10 years ago or more. I've always been curious about when and where it's from. I'm quite sure it's a japanese guitar, but when is it from? Is it worth the effort to shape up? The nut is horrible and the bridge saddles have been filed by a butcher, but I can replace them if it'd just be worth the money. I friend of mine borrowed it from me for quite some time and I don't remember what it sounds like plugged in.

I took a few photos and hope they well let you guys help me out. Thanks alot in advance!

Crille

https://imgur.com/a/yLjHeFe

It has the 'Vintage' logo on the head stock face which I have owned only one guitar with a Vintage logo but it was a different font/style logo.
Just going by how the lumber looks and the Japanese pots I would say the quality of the guitar would have to be pretty decent at a minimum and possibly very good. :D Throw in those GOTOH pickups, which can sound very nice, and I think your 58 style V is a pretty cool guitar. 8)
Replacing the nut and the bridge would not be a huge expense and would potentially allow the guitar to be a real player.
I would say go for it. :wink:

Thank you man!
I'll probably do that. Any guesses about how old it can be?
I always thought the head stock said "Vintago", but perhaps
it says "Vintage", I don't' know.

Back