84 Ibanez RS1300

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdvineng

Reaction score
this was brought to me by a work colleague for restoration
P1030488.jpg

P1030492.jpg

P1030489.jpg

P1030490.jpg

P1030491.jpg

it's a ROADSTAR 2 SERIES DELUXE with Alnico2 super 58 pickups. Sounds very promising even with only 4 strings :D
2 vol and 1 master tone
4 piece basswood body with top birds eye maple veneer and plain veneer bottom
rosewood fretboard
maple neck

it is much dirtier than the pictures show, actually mingin :cry:

the case is one of my spare bass cases, the one it came in is worse than a gig bag.
P1030493.jpg

P1030494.jpg

maybe I should set fire to this guitar if the sticker is true :D
P1030495.jpg

This guitar plays so sweetly and has some of the best Humbuckers I've heard in years, Ibanez super 58's but I would remove the tremolo if it were mine.

That's a beauty!
I have a 1984 RS135 and it's one of the most comfortable playing guitars I own.
I think the neck fretboard has a 12" radius?

It is indeed a 12 radius. I told the owner he cannot have it back until he buys a decent hard case for it :lol:
It really is a lovely player, four other guitarists have popped over to see it and play it, all were pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

That's lovely.

I always wanted a Steve Lukather Black and Blue Roadstar II.

Always eluded me however.

the owner took back the guitar and the repaired mg50dfx Marshall amp. he was well happy at the results and the guitar has it's first gig in years this weekend. the Chinese £40 tweed case he bought for it wasn't too bad either, now to decide what to do with the Jason case ? :lol:

brokentoes said:
That's lovely.

I always wanted a Steve Lukather Black and Blue Roadstar II.

Always eluded me however.
Here is a green one
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222927096718

What does restored mean exactly ?? Sadly i'm neither in the U.K. nor could i spend that kind of scratch on the green model although it is very nice in its own way.

I have a thing for the Black and Blue

XTAHjsE.jpg

Restored would be to make it look like it had just left the factory (not my preferred choice) patina has it's own charm until it's becomes a battered wreck.
the blue and black combo is hard to beat, green would be my last choice unless it's a seafoam version.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess sometimes that includes a refinish. I don't mind a natural relic but i agree there's a point where they do become more of a battered wreck and i don't care for that look either.

Latest posts

Back