Buying a strat body

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainblack

Reaction score
Saw them at the Guitar fair at Aintree and checked out their website. Waiting to find out if they can go Nitro finish bodies and necks.

http://www.northwestguitars.co.uk/epages/es134865.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es134865/Categories

The body is two piece alder and all his stuff comes from the one factory in Korea. The route finishes are a little rougher than most but the paint job is very nice. I bought a b-stock one that had been dropped on arrival but they have done a patch job that is fine.

I went up to meet Kev and had a great chat and ordered a vintage finish neck so I have a 2 piece body and neck built to my spec for a combined price of around ?160 so I am really pleased and have all the other parts ready to go.

Have a look on the website (www.northwestguitars.co.uk), give Kev a call, he's a good guy to do business with.

I asked about nitro and yes they can do it but it adds ?150 to the total price. Not being an expert, would the difference the nitro makes be worth it?

Let me know how you get on.

I first saw the northwest stuff at the Middlesbrough guitar fair a few months ago, and recently tried to buy one of his white ash tele bodies, but he'd sold out!

160 quid for a body and neck is great value, and from what I was the quality is very good.

IMO paying an additional 150 for nitro is a very personal thing, I like nitro finishes, but I remain to be convinced that they have any impact on the tone of a guitar.

Post some pics when you get it all together!

Here is a sneak peek

stratproject.jpg

Latest posts

Back