False Edwards Info On Web

Discussion area for other MIJ Guitars

Moderator: ned

Special K
Guitar God
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am
Location: NewWorld

Post by Special K » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:13 pm

greco_burst wrote:
You show a sticker of a special run of guitars that were limited to 30....and have Made In Japan from ESP....whoopee doo...
... Ok I thought some members might be interested.
Last edited by Special K on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrsuspend
Guitar God
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Post by mrsuspend » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Someone please kill this thread, I just can't take seeing it suffer so horribly!

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:42 pm

You are just one of these idiots that can't be told a thing Special K. You believe what you want to and we'll know the truth, EDWARDS have been made in China for years and that is a FACT........you are a ^&*( stiring idiot and that also is a fact....Take your bullsh1t elsewhere mate because you don't know a friggin thing. You offer absolutely no proof of anything but continuously speak utter rubbish. You would argue with ESP if they told you that they ARE made in China, because thats where all the relevant information came from on this forum and the MLP. I really want to see a post from you stating some actual credible facts to support your argument , and i can also tell you that that will take a very very long time because you are WRONG.......What is happening to this forum...... :roll:

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

JVsearch
Guitar God
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:17 am
Location: Australia

Post by JVsearch » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Special K wrote:
greco_burst wrote:
You show a sticker of a special run of guitars that were limited to 30....and have Made In Japan from ESP....whoopee doo...
Excuse me, Made where? Where was that made?
Who cares where it was made, they cost more than a Reborn or used Gibson Historic.
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.

marcusnieman
Guitar God
Posts: 9092
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post by marcusnieman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:00 am

sigh..... :roll:

Isn't the really important thing - how does it play? I couldn't give two rat turds if Japanese components were assembled in China, Korea or Timbuktu.

Seems like all of the psuedo cork sniffing is for the sake of argument only.

Dave_Mc
Guitar God
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Post by Dave_Mc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:06 am

mrsuspend wrote:In Japan it is legal to call an object Made In Japan even if it has been made partly in another country, like China.
This has been made very clear time and again...
:roll:
it's the same here in the UK. One of the guitar magazines (guitarist?) reviewed that adam black libra UK model a few issues back, and it's labelled "made in the UK", yet the neck is made in japan.

Special K
Guitar God
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am
Location: NewWorld

Post by Special K » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:58 pm

greco_burst wrote:
You show a sticker of a special run of guitars that were limited to 30....and have Made In Japan from ESP....whoopee doo... :roll:
Greco-Burst, Could you share your infos about that special run.

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm

marcusnieman wrote:sigh..... :roll:

Isn't the really important thing - how does it play? I couldn't give two rat turds if Japanese components were assembled in China, Korea or Timbuktu.

Seems like all of the psuedo cork sniffing is for the sake of argument only.
Yes it is important how they play and sound and that they are great guitars. That is not what i am replying to, it pisses me off when an established fact is ridiculed by someone with absolutely nothing to support his argument, now this is probably because he will never prove his point, but at the moment he is trying to keep 2 arguments going {fakai's as well} without one ounce of credibility and just stirring crap for the sake of it...... :roll:

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

JVsearch
Guitar God
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:17 am
Location: Australia

Post by JVsearch » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 pm

marcusnieman wrote:sigh..... :roll:

Isn't the really important thing - how does it play? I couldn't give two rat turds if Japanese components were assembled in China, Korea or Timbuktu.

Seems like all of the psuedo cork sniffing is for the sake of argument only.
That is the most important thing, but since we buy from the internet "how it plays" has been removed from the evaluation process before the sale. Therefore people are going to use other criteria to make a decision, and it will be factors that mean something to them: specs, looks and internet stories...

Like it or not, China is still strongly associated with being a low cost producer, and when that is your guiding principle you wont make the best guitars, or best anything for that matter. However, this would not apply to the ESP factory in China which is a professional outfit controlled by Japan. Still, I would always be wondering about the raw materials from local suppliers that go into the products, they just don't have the legal infrastructure over there yet.
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.

MIJvintage
Guitar God
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:08 am
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
Contact:

Post by MIJvintage » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:43 pm

I do not currently own any Edwards guitars but I did have a LPS in TV Yellow & a couple of LPJrs, one in TV Yellow & one in White.

IMO the build quality was excellent :D, the guitars were very light weight 8), and the playability was very nice :D

I can understand both sides of the debate here :wink:

FWIW it seems that the Chinese facility that produces the Edwards guitars has a very high quality control standard, and I assume it is based on the strict standards that the Japanese owners & management have been known for in the MIJ products.

Your Edwards guitars may not be 100% MIJ; Hell they may even be mostly MIC but they sure seem to be some damn fine guitars, none the less :D ................
Last edited by MIJvintage on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... ij_vintage

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis

Special K
Guitar God
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am
Location: NewWorld

Post by Special K » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:07 pm

yes... and i look forward to greco_burst reply about that special Edwards run.
...only 30 made... share that info.

"..whoopee doo... ....only 30 made"

greco_burst
Guitar God
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post by greco_burst » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Special K wrote:yes... and i look forward to greco_burst reply about that special Edwards run.
...only 30 made... share that info.

"..whoopee doo... ....only 30 made"
The info is old news, use the search button, it has been posted here before.....
Showing your lack of knowledge in Edwards...again.

Locked