Something for all you mates in the UK!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axchisler

Reaction score
Was just watching "Turn Left" and the one that followed with the Daleks taking the 27 planets (the title escapes me) and finally took some new pics I thought you UK bloaks might like:

100_0444.jpg

100_0443.jpg

100_0438.jpg

100_0442.jpg

100_0439.jpg

BTW, this is a MIJ Grover Jackson model. :wink:

Well it wouldn't work if you wrote EXTERMINATE on a Springy, would it?

:lol:

Mike

But come on mates, it's a MIJ! (painted in the US by Mike Russel) ...and from far away a nice burst :wink: .

I'm totally gobsmacked!! I'm a massive Dr Who (original series no new sh_it)

and this guitar is the biscuits!!!

Man I bet it does exterminate when you crank the gain up!!!

I'm sure if you did a mod or two, added another switch or something you could even have painted on it

"advance and destroy"

cool

I didn't know you yanks new about the "who"

Axechisler where did the inspiration come from?

P.S clean that floyd, they always look wrong when they is dirty, and it'll suit the rest of the guitars shiny exterior!!

HEAVY METAL

Rabidbitch said:
I'm totally gobsmacked!! I'm a massive Dr Who (original series no new sh_it)

You watch Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker, Peter Davison, even Jon Pertwee, then watch Eccleston or Tennant, & then you tell me that the old series' are better than the new ones.

I think not......

Troughton, Tom Baker, Hartnell, OK, we can talk about it....

:wink:

Na your ok, its just my opinion.

The new show is nothing like the old show, it really is a kids show now!!

I love the Dr's you mentioned and the whoards of who fans who existed before the new series agree!! I believe they're partly why there is a new series due to the undying popularity of the old one. They didn't just bring back the show because of the Tom Baker era.

I wasn't even born when Baker was running around doin his thing but older siblings and re-runs on tv got me hooked!! The new show is all bright and pink!! :x

I started out as a fan with Pertwee, but mostly Tom Baker. They were broadcast on Public Broadcasting System (PBS) here in the states I think starting in the early '70s. The concept is so creative; time and space. It went beyond Star Trek and Star Wars. Even though it was low budget, I loved the stories. Give the new ones a chance Rab, Tennant is very good IMO, and Rose was quite the bomb! Would be nice if they could come up with more than Daleks and Cybermen though. Might learn something from the Babylon 5 series :wink: .

Axchisler said:
The concept is so creative; time and space. It went beyond Star Trek and Star Wars. Even though it was low budget, I loved the stories.

Absolutely. Just a wonderful concept - it makes a bunch of dudes travelling around in a big spaceship seem so dull in comparison.

As for the new series, if it was purely aimed at kids (did you see "Blink"? :eek: ) the BBC wouldn't put it out at 7pm on Christmas Day....

Haha! Sounds like that one really scared ya mate! :eek: :eek: :eek: Boo! I liked it too, though wish we could have seen more of the Doctor, much like "Turn Left" which was mostly Donna...

One of our mates recognized the Dalek artwork, good eye Rabidbitch! Prolly 10 years before your time!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/dalekinvasion/

you got it mate, and this was added in for detail:

From this image:

http://www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk/K_files/The%20Dalek%20Invasion%20of%20Earth%20DVD%20Cover.jpg

and...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.insomniacmania.com/news/1295/resize_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.insomniacmania.com/news_default.php%3Fid%3D1295&usg=__1CvO6aTm48l2tKQJJAqwjtsWbNc=&h=216&w=272&sz=15&hl=en&start=13&um=1&tbnid=5Fkw1B9jsGx6gM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwar%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bworlds%2Bart%2Bconcept%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1

BTW; the time on Big Ben is dedicated to one of my fav Iron Maiden tunes... 2.....minutes....to...........

Not me, missing word....midnight.........seen them 3 times in concert, number of the beast, world slavery tour and ..can't remember the name of the 3rd concert but it was in the nineties..... :wink:

Mick

Killers tour with Dianno '81, Trust supporting - classic. I think it is great
but did the artist miss out the exterminator gun from the
Dalek? Sorry to nit pick!

iainblack said:
Killers tour with Dianno '81, Trust supporting - classic. I think it is great
but did the artist miss out the exterminator gun from the
Dalek? Sorry to nit pick!

Sorry I didn't reply 6 months ago, I must have missed this post.

DAMMIT!!! you are right, my Dalek is a eunuch! What could he do aside from clearing your plumbing and shutting your wife's yap?

BTW, Stratman Mike, how'd you like the "Time of Angels" and "Flesh and Stone?" :evil: Great stuff wasn't it?! Alex Kingston is the bomb idn't she? :eek:

Sorry again haven't been here for a while, been working with a new band called Pandora's Kingdom. Google it and you'll find our Facebook page.

Played the first gig with the LS100 QT and it looked and sounded outstanding. Got a gig tonight and will be trying out the '94 OBG Goldtop. It's a bit worn but plays beautifully.

Rock on friends :wink:

Axchisler said:
BTW, Stratman Mike, how'd you like the "Time of Angels" and "Flesh and Stone?" :evil: Great stuff wasn't it?! Alex Kingston is the bomb idn't she? :eek:

Time of Angels? That was the return of those statues wasn't it? Well it was inevitable they would return when Steven Moffat took over as lead writer, they were his babies. Yeah I like the new series. I spent the first couple of episodes telling myself he looked far too young for a guy over 900 years old, but I think I've got over that. It's still better than anything else on TV right now!

Alex Kingston definitely has something! A big improvement over Catherine Tate - I loved her comedy shows, but she didn't seem right with The Doctor.

Do you guys have the new series over the pond already?

Latest posts

Back