Fender JV-115 ....omg!

Discussion area for other MIJ Guitars

Moderator: ned

greco_burst
Guitar God
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Fender JV-115 ....omg!

Post by greco_burst » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:16 am

I just saw this listing on japan yahoo auction, and she just went for over 290,000 yen .......getting rare now?

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d96685829

8)

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:19 am

Is that the top of the range model with nitro finish?

Mike

JohnA
Guitar God
Posts: 4176
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Leicester UK

Post by JohnA » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:21 am

stratman323 wrote:Is that the top of the range model with nitro finish?

Mike
Certainly is! It's the cream of the JV range, a lot of money, but they don't come round too often

Koubayashi
Guitar God
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:08 am
Location: Tokyo

Post by Koubayashi » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:12 pm

I bought my first 115 JV Strat for 60000yen in a shop in Ochanomizu :D
And I kept on buying til they went over 100000yen.

I prefer Fullerton over 115. They age more nicely.

Cali Girl
Guitar God
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: USA

Post by Cali Girl » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Wow :o More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Cali Girl wrote:Wow :o More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?
You mean an ST80?

290,00 yen, thats ?1845, $3050. That's about the going rate for a Fullerton. You could probably get an ST80 for half that.

chrisheyes
Guitar God
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:56 am
Location: NW England

Post by chrisheyes » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Cali Girl
Guitar God
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: USA

Post by Cali Girl » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:33 pm

stratman323 wrote:
Cali Girl wrote:Wow :o More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?
You mean an ST80?

290,00 yen, thats ?1845, $3050. That's about the going rate for a Fullerton. You could probably get an ST80 for half that.
Yes, I meant ST-80. I wonder how it compares to the tokai model specs.

greco_burst
Guitar God
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post by greco_burst » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:06 pm

chrisheyes wrote:I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image
WOW!!!
Nice photo's chrisheyes 8) thank you!

TOKAI JOE
Guitar God
Posts: 993
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: JAPAN
Contact:

Post by TOKAI JOE » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:35 pm

chrisheyes wrote:I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

8) whats the name of the original owner???

Innadaze
Guitar God
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California USA
Contact:

Re: Fender JV-115 ....omg!

Post by Innadaze » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 pm

greco_burst wrote:I just saw this listing on japan yahoo auction, and she just went for over 290,000 yen .......getting rare now?

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d96685829

8)
Wow! And that's in Japan, not US Ebay. Either somebody really wanted it badly or, considering what my my JVs cost when I got them, I just got a lot richer.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jvd ... RKjvs.html

chrisheyes
Guitar God
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:56 am
Location: NW England

Post by chrisheyes » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am

TOKAI JOE wrote:
chrisheyes wrote:I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate
8) whats the name of the original owner???
Masatoshi Satoh :D

Thanks greco_burst & Tokai Joe

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 am

Cali Girl wrote:Yes, I meant ST-80. I wonder how it compares to the tokai model specs.
I'm not familiar with the JV 115s, but I would assume that they are comparable in specs to an ST80 & a Fullerton (US) 57 or 62RI. They should all be very good Strats, it's just a matter of preference as to which is better.

Mind you, most of the Fullertons are likley to have a 3 piece body (typical Fender specs for an original 57 or 62 Strat), whereas an ST80 will be 2 piece. Despite that, I still reckon a Fullerton has the edge over an ST80, but it's a very slight edge. And it's not really about quality, I just love the Fullerton 62RI necks & the softer nitro they used.

Any of these guitars should be the next best thing to a genuine late 50s or early 60s Strat, & comparable to a modern Custom Shop Strat, IMHO.

Koubayashi
Guitar God
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:08 am
Location: Tokyo

Post by Koubayashi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:33 am

stratman323 wrote:
Cali Girl wrote:Yes, I meant ST-80. I wonder how it compares to the tokai model specs.
I'm not familiar with the JV 115s, but I would assume that they are comparable in specs to an ST80 & a Fullerton (US) 57 or 62RI. They should all be very good Strats, it's just a matter of preference as to which is better.

Mind you, most of the Fullertons are likley to have a 3 piece body (typical Fender specs for an original 57 or 62 Strat), whereas an ST80 will be 2 piece. Despite that, I still reckon a Fullerton has the edge over an ST80, but it's a very slight edge. And it's not really about quality, I just love the Fullerton 62RI necks & the softer nitro they used.

Any of these guitars should be the next best thing to a genuine late 50s or early 60s Strat, & comparable to a modern Custom Shop Strat, IMHO.
Customshops are not as vintage detail correct as JV. They also lack 25 years of playing :D

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:47 am

Koubayashi wrote:Customshops are not as vintage detail correct as JV. They also lack 25 years of playing :D
In what way? Apparently the dot marker spacing is wrong on some of the Fullertons too, but I couldn't give a toss about that.

I agree with you about the age issue, but as new guitars go, they tend to be pretty good. And they should age well over the next 25 years, if regularly played.

The same applies to the Bacchus vintage series, at significantly less cost.

Post Reply