something very funny

Area for Tokai's older than 1985

Moderators: ian, ned

timsmcm
Plucker

something very funny

Post by timsmcm » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:02 pm

tried to post a topic on the lespaul forum about my new to me 78 tokai gold top. I started it off saying that my guitar actually said lespaul on the headstock and most of them thought It had been changed to be that way. Anyway they moved the post to where I could not post anymore about it.
Too bad It is one of the best lespauls I have ever owned Period.

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:13 pm

Right underneith Les Paul in small letters it should say Reborn. Post some pics man, I've got a 79 GT.

Ned

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:22 am

Tim ? that?s really odd, because it's happened several times recently on LPF, specifically with Tokai.... someone posts saying they played a Tokai & found it compared well to Gibson, & then the thread is suddenly & mysteriously whisked away. About 3 months back there was a long thread in which there was a lot of praise for Tokai & a lot of complaint about Gibson, but ever since then it seems the mods will quickly remove such opinions :roll: .

Ian.

Novosel
Guitar God

Post by Novosel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:03 am

Knowing how the guys on the LPF are, you're much safer to have it moved or removed! Although extremely knowledgeable, they have a certain affinity for dragging you out in the back alley and kicking the virtual s**t out of you for a while - then welcome you to the forum and tell you to grow a thicker skin! Although I'm a member there too, I can't say I find this quality particulary endearing, so you really have to watch your step there.

Now, having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing a little tussle here once in a while. Hmm, maybe too many civilized Brits here... :wink:

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 am

Novosel, honestly, a "tussle here", dear me, perish the thought old boy :wink: .

Ian.

villager
Guitar God

Post by villager » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:20 am

ask the moderator why its been moved..after all its not the GIBSON Les Paul forum..its the Les Paul forum, I have posted re greco, burny, and Orvilles and had no probs with them..

tubedogsmith
Guitar God

Post by tubedogsmith » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:06 am

Tim, your post got moved to the backstage area which is where all posts about non Gibson knockoffs go whether it's a Tokai, Max, Guitar Clinic, whatever. You'll get better info about it here anyway.

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:34 am

If I wanted to complain about LPF I guess I should go there & do it, I mean it's their Forum & upto them how they run it, not really my place to complain about them here,... but that "Backstage Area" just says ?No Posts, Never!?, and there?s nothing listed there, not even if you choose ?since beginning? lol :) ! There may well be some way to display the stuff they?ve dumped there, but it hardly seems designed to encourage any discussion ? just looks like a place to shovel stuff away when they want it out of sight :roll: .

Ian.

timsmcm
Plucker

Post by timsmcm » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:43 am

I was just posting it there because I knew that would happen. I just think it is funny that men have a tendency to act like little boys sometimes. I like all guitars if they happen to be good guitars no matter what the name says. If you men will tell me how to post a picture I will do so. :lol: I am in no way complaining about the lespaul forum here just thought you guys would get a kick out of it :evil:

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:01 am

Tim, you complain about them all you want mate,... ha I just thought I should avoid any flack myself lol.

Yeah, sorry I'm such a clutz on the photos ... if anyone here can help Tim with posting his photos, that would be great, thanks :-? .

Ian.

whitehall
Guitar God

Post by whitehall » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:12 am

there was a time when it was a good forum, but those days are long gone. Most of the real talent has been banned or moved on. Now what's left are lots of whiney 20 somethings who own one studio or classic and have lot's of opinions on everything. It's a great reference point for mostly useless information. Do you really care about pickguard or no pickguard ? Long vs short tenon ? And yes, I've seen posts about all manor of non gibson guitars get pulled. In fact if you try and post a link to any company that's not paying to advertise there you'll find yourself banned and /or the post deleted.

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:52 am

Hi Tim ? if you check here http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3528 you?ll see my first attempt at posting a photo. I did this using Photobucket.com. Ie just log-on at Photobucket.com (free) & go into ?My Album?, use their ?Browse? function to select the photo from your PC, then ?Cut & Paste? the photo into their box marked ?PICTURE? & click ?SUBMIT?. That should upload the photo into your Photobucket Album (ie at foot of page). Then highlight the stuff in box marked ?Img? (ie below the photo) then just Cut & Paste that into your message on Tokai forum (ie compose you message in normal way, then just click paste to drop the ?Img? stuff). See if that works :-? .

Ian.

oldflame
Guitar God

"I've got a Gibson............. ner-ner ner ner-ner!&qu

Post by oldflame » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:18 pm

There are a few snooby old buggers over at the Lester forum. As well as owning Tokai's I have a few posh Gibbo's too but I dont climb up my own arse about it.

Just the mention of Tokai has them running to the bog for a chunder.

Novosel
Guitar God

Re: "I've got a Gibson............. ner-ner ner ner-ner

Post by Novosel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:54 am

oldflame wrote:... running to the bog for a chunder.
Wha...?

oldflame
Guitar God

Post by oldflame » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:31 am

I'm an Essex boy...

Translation:

"Going to the toilet to be sick"

Capeesh?