I need Information on my Silverstar from 1981

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifeofthedude

Reaction score
Hello,
I’m new in owning a tokai and I recently got my hands on a silverstar ss50 from 1981.

Serial No.: 1014467
Number in the body: 7=15 MB X

I’m absolutely thrilled with this piece of wood and I’m now confronted with two things.

I’d like to know more about this guitar and also about the silverstar series of tokai for example what colorways were available and what are some rarities I can look out for.
And also I’d like to know more about the meaning of the numbers. I’ve read that the serial number can tell me what year it was manufactured but the stamp in the body is quite confusing
I figured “MB” stands for the color wich is “Metallic Blue” but other than that I dont know what I’m looking at

Where can I get some spare parts for this model ? Unfortunately the tremolo cover is missing and I have no Idea where to get one that would fit, because the standard covers for stratocaster nowadays have different hole placing

Would be very nice if somebody who’s more experienced than me could answer me those questions
Hope to hear from you soon :)

Hi thanks for the link ... I read all I could find on that page even the catalogues, however I couldnt find anything that I didn’t already knew.
And also do you know where I can buy spare parts ?
As I said the tremolo cover is missing

Re trem cover. Measure yours and look at period strat covers and if in doubt, contact the vendors to confirm dimensions. Easy enough.

Thank you ! I bought one and it fits ... but you wouldn’t No where I could get any spare parts like the tremolo. As I said I would love to have one from Tokai

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gotoh-Tremolo-Squier-Mexican-Instruments/dp/B075LDLTQ1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-guitar-Tokai-Fender-tremolo-arm-whammy-bar-6mm-used-great-condition-/114316268605
Some have found that Fender MIJ arms fit

Some say 6mm some 5mm. I would find sizes in bolts and try them first.

Latest posts

Back