1981 LS60 v. 1981 LC60 - What was Tokai Thinking?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar hiro

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting how different guitar manufacturers 'build' their products, and it's even more interesting to see a single manufacturer build guitars differently. Take for example the 1981 Tokai LS60, and the 1981 Tokai LC60.
These two guitars were made by the same company, the same year, with the same MSRP, with generally very similar specs, except for one very different detail.
The LS60 had no FEB aka nibs but the LC60 did have FEB. :-?
What was Tokai thinking, or rather, was Tokai thinking, at all? :lol:

I really wish my LS60 had nibs. :cry:

They will be made to different specs to replicate different les paul models of which ever era they chose to work from. Same goes for all the different neck profiles on Fender and Gibson replicas. Tokai generally pay attention to detail.

mdvineng said:
They will be made to different specs to replicate different les paul models of which ever era they chose to work from. Same goes for all the different neck profiles on Fender and Gibson replicas. Tokai generally pay attention to detail.

I assume Tokai based the LC60 & the LS60 on 1950s' Gibson guitars, namely the Les Paul Custom & the Les Paul Standard, both of which had FEB aka nibs.
If Tokai made both the LC60 with nibs & the LS60 with nibs, that would seem logical but as we all know, logic isn't the strong suit of humans.

I'm pretty sure they did what they did in '81 to give us guitar nerds something to talk about in 2020... Or maybe it was marketing.

brokentoes said:
I'm pretty sure they did what they did in '81 to give us guitar nerds something to talk about in 2020... Or maybe it was marketing.

Yeah, I guess I would have to agree, I mean Ned put this forum together so that folks could discuss these things but Tokai must have only been making this *hit up, just so we could look stupid. Yeah, go ahead Ned, close the forum; there is no use for it. Thanks any ways ..................

Back