1979 St65 one or two piece body?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almostpilot

Reaction score
Hi
here are some pictures of my nice (i think) ST65. Have not seen many of these around. It is from 1979, all numbers match, A-marked scratchplate with E pups. The guy who owned it before me was convinced that it is a one piece body. I am less convinced.
Can you tell me who is right? And also, what you think a ST65 might go for these days.
Thank you.

Beautiful! Like the guys said above, two piece (you can see the slight seam from the bridge plate to the strap button) but a GREAT example of the flawless matching they did back then.

Yeah I'd guess two as well.

Look in the cavity of the trem, just behind the block (or behind the claw) perpendicular to the front/back of the guitar- that's often where it's easiest to see, the join and opposing grain show up slightly more clearly there. That's about the only place where I can see for sure on mine that it's two-piece.

EDIT: Though even in that last pic you can sort of see the opposing grain in the centre there.

Like the gentlemen above said; Two piece by judging from these pics.

But ****, the matching of these two pieces (and those lovely grains) is so beautiful that it totally shows the quality and craftmanship when these Tokai strats were made.

Congrats to a beautiful strat.

Back