N(belated)GD: 1979 LS-100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mono

Reaction score
Have posted this at the other forum but haven't done so here I don't think...
I also wanted to upstage the LS-200s and 150, show them that the little guys need love too!
Got it off wishbonz a while ago.. solid top, OS finish, love it
4.1kg, great neck profile, 1pc back etc

more realistic colours

thanks Emiel!
at the moment, Gibson classic 57s. They sound VERY good in this guitar, not sure why. I am going to swap some A4 Wizz PAFs in soon and see how they sound, but I think the magic is in the A2 magnets so may end up doing a magnet swap on them.
Absolutely love this guitar.. the neck profile has a hair more shoulder than the LS80 and suits me just a fraction better, so I will be selling the LS80 and keeping this one on quite soon :)

Glad to hear you found yourself a real good one. I'm sure the looks help too! I have to say, most of these vintage Tokais have a certain lacquer that just screams class. Love it. Seriously hope the prices of these guitars will stay like it is...

Planning on buying another one then Emiel? :D

It is a really lovely looking guitar Andy! Reminds me very much of my 1979 LS-80.
I was also thinking of changing the magnets on my A4 Wizzs to A2s. Please let me know what your findings are.

Latest posts

Back